Chapter 3: The Shinsengumi

"Hey Okita." Says Kondo.

"Yes leader?"

"Why did you not streak her down? Could it be you do see potential in this kid?"

"Meh." He walks away. She looks at him leave as Harada and Shinpachi walk towards her.

"Man you must be something special if you shut him up like that." Says Harada while squeezing her neck with his arm.

"Leave him alone Harada." Says Shinpachi.

"Oh come on I'm only playing around with him." Inoue watches as they all welcome her and walk towards her.

"I am sorry if I was a little rough on you. I was only thinking about your life is all."

"I understand completely and no need to apologize."

"Anyways... Welcome to the Shinsengumi mister?" Inoue pauses. "What was your name again?"

"My name is Koki sir."

"I'm Shinpachi and the one that was chocking you is Harada. The one you were fighting is Heisuke."

"It's a pleasure to meet you all. I promise I won't hold any of you guys back."

"If you can silence Okita then yeah you should be fine." Says Harada while laughing.

"Little boy. Come here." Says Kondo while looking at him.

"I am the leader of the Shinsengumi and I want to personally welcome you."

"Thank you leader."

"Now let me ask you... Why did you want to join so badly that you would risk your own life in the process?" Kondo examines her.

"My brother... Is missing sir and I want to find him. He always wanted to join you guys... So I thought if I got accepted I would be 1 step closer in finding him."

"I see. Well hopefully you will find him."

"Hey wait I want to ask you." Says Harada. "How did you see his attack coming?"

"Well for starters Okita saw her weakness was her left side since she is a righty and that she would not be able to block him from that side. But how he saw his attack is another question."

"He read his shoulder movements." Kondo walks away.

"I see. So you do have some skills after all which is why Okita went easy on you." Says Inoue.

"That's so like him I swear!" Harada laughs.

"He acts heartless but in the end cares and hides it every time." They all laugh.

"Hey let's go eat... I'm starving." Says Heisuke as his stomach growled.

"Your always hungry...." Says Harada.

"Can you blame him? You always steal his food therefore he always eats less and less." Says Shinpachi.

"EXACTLY! And that is why Koki will now sit beside him! It's been my master plan all along! To pass a rookie and put him beside this food stealing monster!"

"Eh? So you were going to let me pass all along?" Kiko's eyes twitch as she almost died to Okita just to get accepted.

"Hahahah well your alive and in the shinsengumi, so no harm done! Right?!" Asks Heisuke.

"True. Although we never got to finish our sparing match." Koki looks at him.

"We can finish it another time. Come on let's go eat." Heisuke smiles and runs towards another room.