Chapter 2: The Application

The Camera zooms on a closed room. A sword suddenly sticks out. A guy falls on the floor as he looks up at a girl holding a wooden sword at him.

"He actually beat him!"

"Such a small boy to be so strong?"

"It's working... They think I'm a guy." Thinks the girl while looking around seeing the room full of swordsman.  

"Not bad..." Says the guy on the floor.

"I'm sorry." She offers him a hand up. "Anyone else think I am not worthy of joining the shinsengumi?"

"Enough... This is no place for a small and wimpy kid like you. Go home." Everyone looks at Todo Heisuke, the 8th captain of the shinsengumi.

"You look like you are my age. And not to mention small like me." She says while taunting him.

"Hahaha! He's got a point Heisuke!" Says Nagakura Shinpachi, the 2nd captain of the shinsengumi.

"Oh shut up Shinpachi! Not everyone is as old as you!"

"Hahahhaha! Small Heisuke! It has a good ring to it!" Harada Sanosuke, the 10th captain of the shinsengumi, falls on the floor laughing.

"Come on Harada not you too!"

"What did you say?!" Shinpachi and Heisuke come face to face as they both growl.

"Are we going to fight today little Heisuke?" Asks the girl.

"W-w-w-why you!" Heisuke gets up and walks towards her. Someone throws him a wooden sword. "I'm going to show you just how small I am."

"Come on then." She taunts continues taunting him.

"Ugh... You're pissing me off!" Heisuke appears in front of her attacking her super fast barely giving her time to react. She blocks his hit as he continuously hits her around.

"Shit... He's fast." She thinks while blocking him around. "I need to get out of this situation." She lets him hit her once as she jumped behind. She gets up and rushes at him to hit him. He turns around fast and blocks her hit just in time.

"What a reckless move that was...." Heisuke looks at her confused. "But... Not bad. You have potential kid."

"Were not done until someone wins." She prepared herself. They continue fighting.

Meanwhile in the room beside them, "Is everything prepared for Hijikata's return?" Says Kondo, the leader of the shinsengumi.

"Yes sir. Uh sir... What about you're meeting with Ito sir?" Says Inoue, the 6th commander of the shinsengumi.

"Yes I will go to that after Hijikata has returned safely."

"Yes sir." They hear people yelling from the room right beside them.

"What's going on in the training room?"

"They are sparring with a boy sir. He says his 19 but he looks like he's 14. I don't think he is fit to join us but that is not up to me to decide."

"Why do you say that?" Asks Kondo.

"Well sir... He looks a little bit too fragile if I'm being honest."

"Very well!" Kondo smacks his legs and gets up."

"Sir?" Asks Inoue.

"I shall go see him myself then! But only because you asked me to."

"Sir... I did no such thing."

"Mhm." Kondo leaves the room and enters the other room seeing both of them sparing.