Chapter 2

Merlin ran back into the citadel, and went back into his and Gaius's chambers. He paced around, running his hand through his hair, as he does when he is stressed. Merlin has no idea what to do. Gwen's kiss should have worked. Yet it didn't. But he was so sure that Gwen was Arthur's true love. Why didn't it work? Maybe the dragon was wrong? No that's not right. The dragon was always right. As annoyingly cryptic he is, the dragon is seldom wrong. Merlin stopped in his pacing, when Gaius entered. "Merlin." Gaius said, when he saw him. "Have you found a cure yet?"

Merlin hesitated, before he answered. "I... Have..."

"And?"

"It didn't work. The dragon said only true loves kiss can break the enchantment, but I got... That person... To kiss him, but nothing happened. I don't understand why it didn't work." Merlin resumed his pacing. "I don't know what to do Gaius. I've tried everything. I got Gwen to kiss him, because I so sure that Arthur loved her, but it didn't work. I can't let him die Gaius. I can't." Merlin's voice cracked a little. Gaius raised an eyebrow at Merlin.

"Merlin. Is there something you want to tell me?" Gaius asked, softly.

"Yes. No. Uhh... What was the question?" Merlin asked, distractedly.

"Merlin..." Merlin stopped abruptly and made his away out of the chambers, as he had an idea. "Merlin?" Merlin shut the door behind him, and raced back to Arthur's tent.

Merlin returned back into the tent. Arthur seemed to have forgotten about what happened as he had the lovestruck look again. Merlin had a sudden idea. What if it was his kiss, that broke the enchantment? But what if it doesn't work? Merlin isn't Arthur's one true love, but Arthur definitely is Merlin's. But what if he was? There was only one way, he supposed. Merlin strode purposefully in the tent, looking more confident than what he was actually feeling. "Arthur." Arthur turned to him, eyes hard. That look made Merlin's steps falter.

"Did you sharpen my sword, Merlin?" Arthur's voice was cold.

"No. I didn't."

Arthur's eyes narrowed. "You better get to it. I do want to win the Lady Vivien's hand today." When he mentioned Vivien, Arthur's eyes got that dazed look.

"Well," Merlin began, his confidence wavering. He may not get another chance. "Then, let me apologise, my lord." Merlin strode up to Arthur.

"Merlin, what are yo-" Merlin cut him off, and he closed the gap between them. As soon as their lips touched, Merlin felt sparks spread through him. Arthur resisted at for a few moments and Merlin was so sure that Arthur would pull away, breaking his heart. Again. But then, the unexpected happened, that Merlin had only dreamt and hoped. Arthur, kissed him back. Merlin, was ecstatic. Arthur loves him. Arthur loves him. Merlin couldn't believe it. When Merlin was sure Arthur wouldn't pull away, Merlin lifted his hand into Arthur's soft blonde hair. Arthur wrapped an arm around his waist, pulling him closer. Merlin kissed him eagerly, expressing all of the love he felt for the man in front of him, enjoying every minute of it. Then, all of a sudden, Arthur froze. Arthur pulled away quickly, stared at Merlin in shock for a moment, before he collapsed, falling unconscious in Merlin's arms.

"Arthur?"

***

A/N: Sorry about the short chapter. The next one will be longer, hopefully.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

@Triquetra123