CHAPTER 5

~ time-skip ~ (a week later) 10:44 AM

Shit shit shit shit SHIT! WHERE IS MY PORTABLE CHARGER!!???

"MOM~! DID YOU SEE MY PORTABLE CHARGER!?" I yell as I rummage through the drawer of the counter in the kitchen.

"Wasn't it on the kitchen counter, next to the coffee machine?"

"NO I CHECKED BE- oh, um found it." I hold up the portable charger and check its battery percentage.

"BliNd," she makes fun of me.

"Whatever"

I'm running around the house, packing my stuff for New York, since I'm modelling there for a week. I'm renting an apartment with Amelia. Speaking of Amelia, where the hell is she!? She was supposed to be here 15 minutes ago! At that moment, the doorbell rings.

"IM GETTING IT!" I open the door and Amelia standing on the other side, with luggage and backpack.

"Hey girl~," Amelia hugs me.

"Heey~," I hug her back.

"Ok, I need your help with a few of my outfits." I take her hand and rush her up the stairs.

~ 30 minutes later ~

I zip my luggage, finally, and sit on the floor, exhausted from all the going up and down the stairs constantly. I look up at Amelia, who's sitting on my bed, on her phone.

"What time does the plane leave, again? Wasn't it at 4?"

"Ummm, wait lemme check." she opens

I get up and sit next to her on my bed, peering over her shoulder at her phone screen. She was looking at the plane hours.

"Yeah, around 4. More like 3:46 but we'll be fine. It's only 11:25."

"We still have to calculate around 3 hours for security and bag check and all that shit." I fall on my back on my bed.

"True, but let's say we eat lunch here, and we can leave for the airport after, in around 30 minutes."

"Yeah, that works." I get up and make my way towards the hallway.

We run down the stairs and head to the kitchen, to eat a little something before we leave. I open the fridge and analyze its contents.

"What do you have?" Amelia asks and peers into the fridge.

"No clue. There's legit nothing to eat."

"Wanna stop somewhere on the way instead?" she suggests.

"I'd rather do that, yeah."

I ask my mom if she could bring Amelia and me to the airport. A couple of minutes later, we're in the car, eating Timz (Tim Hortons, for those who don't live in Canada) (btw, Haylee lives in Calgary/ Canada).

After saying my goodbyes to my mom and hugging her for what felt like, an hour, Amelia and I grab our suitcase and backpacks and head inside the airport. After security, luggage drop-off and other ticket scans and all that airport shit you do (no seriously I don't remember how many things you gotta do before actually going on the plane but I know that there's a lot), we find our gate number, 16. We had a little time to spare before the plane leaves, so we walk around and I buy gum and candy.

We hear a lady's voice echoing through the whole airport, warning that the plane 16 is going to depart in 5 minutes. Amelia and I run back to the gate, grab our bags and wait in line, out of breath and laughing.

"Close call," Amelia breathes out.

"Yeah," I laugh and agree with her.

I thank all the years I spent doing track after sprinting for a solid minute to be able to reach the gate in time.

Both of our tickets get scanned and we walk a little before finally reaching the plane door. A flight attendant and the captain greets us as we step inside and walk down the hall of seats, looking for our own.

"12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17...18! Ok, these are our seats," I mumble as I pass from row to row.

I point at two seats on the left row and Amelia slides in before I could, to occupy the window seat. She shoots me a smirk.

"Hey! No fair! I wanted the window seat!"

"You're not the only one who does, Haylee. Now sit your ass down, you're blocking the alley."

I roll my eyes before excusing myself to the people who were waiting behind me. I make myself comfortable, which is impossible cause we're on a plane and open my backpack to search for my earphones and candy.

"OOOOH! Give me some!" She reaches to grab the candy bag but I snatch it away before she could touch it.

"SHHH!! first of all, you're yelling. Second of all, they are MINE! I paid for them with my money. But I'll be nice and give you a few."

"THANK YOU!"

"Seriously, shut up. You're yelling."

"Sorry, sorry."

I pass her a few gummies and throw a couple in my mouth before connecting my earphones to my phone and pressing shuffle on my playlist.

Just 4 hours and 30 minutes until we arrive in New York...

-🎧-

I KNOW I KNOW! This chapter was boring and I am well aware of it.

BUT I PROMISE! IT'LL GET BETTER! TRUST ME.

Anyway, as you noticed, I haven't uploaded in like weeks and the reason for that was, well, obviously school. This is my hardest year of high school, so I'll try uploading when I can but I can't guarantee that it'll happen often.

Thank you for your cooperation😌

Fun fact abt meeee:

I live in Canada and if you don't know what Timmies or Timz is, well screw you, you uncultured child.🤨