CHAPTER 20

-AMELIA'S POV-

The sun light piercing through my curtains blind me to the point of waking me up. I groan in discomfort and roll onto my other side.
The clock on my bedside table reads: 9:37.

"Too early", I think to myself.

I stretch and yawn as I sit up while trying to keep myself from falling right back asleep on the spot.

I stare at the wall in front if me for a bit before swinging my legs off the bed to make my way towards the bathroom.

"Wow, intense bed hair today", I think to myself as I look at my reflection in the mirror.

Not wanting to deal with any of it, I tie it up into a messy bun and carry on with my daily morning routine.

Slipping into denim shorts and a tank top, I check into Haylee's room only to see her sound asleep in bed.

I then head out towards the front door where I take my purse and car keys off the entrance bench. A couple minutes later, I'm on my way to the Starbucks a couple of streets away.

With my car parked, I walk towards the front door of the Starbucks and notice the huge lineup in front of me.

"The things I do for coffee", I sigh to myself as I wait in line.

I can't help but notice the tall guy in line in front of me. There's something familiar about him but I can't pinpoint what it is.

"Excuse me?", I say as I tap him on the shoulder.

He turns around and I can't help but think: "Damn, what a hottie".

"I'm sorry if I'm wrong, but you seem awfully familiar so I'm wondering wether we've met before", I tell him.

"I was wondering the same thing, actually", he replies with a surprised manner.

We both stare at each other for a couple seconds before he suddenly snaps his fingers.

"You've gone to that massive party the other day, right? I think we ended up talking at some point but you ran off before we could exchange numbers", he says with a slight chuckle.

"Sounds about right", I reply with a laugh, "My friend was in trouble, sorry about that"

"Nah, it's all good, don't worry about about it", he shakes his head, "Amelia, was it?"

"Yeah", I smile, "Noah, was it?", I reply with a grin. (Noah as in THE Noah Beck from Tik Tok btw)

"Yeah, nice to meet you again, Amelia", he flashes a smile that could melt anyone's heart in a second.

"Likewise", I throw him my own "winner" smile.

He walks over to the cash and orders his drink. Just as he took his wallet out, I walk over, push him out of the way and hand over my credit card to the cashier.

"This is for ditching you at the party. I owe you.", I tell him with a smirk.

"What no! Wait-", Noah starts.

"I will not take any of your money in case you were gonna try and pay me back", I cut him off.

"I-... alright fine", he finally gives in.