CHAPTER 14

"Have fun with Daniel! I'll text you when I'm done!" Amelia yells from the entrance. 

"Okay! Now you go slay those pictures!"

"Oh, you know it." The door of the apartment closes behind Amelia, leaving me alone in a quiet empty space.

 I sigh and look at the time on my watch;  3:46 PM. Daniel had texted me earlier to inform me that he would be late since he got held up with his work. By the way, he was talking, I don't think he meant the 10 minutes kind of late. I think he meant the 30 minutes kind of late. 

I didn't even realize that I yawned at least three times in a row until my eyes felt tired. Wow, I need to sleep. On normal occasions, I would have taken a good long nap but since Daniel should be arriving in around 45 minutes, I can't afford to be asleep when he's at my doorstep. So here I am, sitting on my bed with my speaker playing my everyday music while working on filling out some applications for the new modelling agencies who wanted to hire me.

-DANIEL'S POV-

I look at the time on my watch;  4:32 PM.

I had texted Haylee a couple of times to tell her that I'm currently on my way to her house the texts remain unseen. I'm hoping her phone died and that it wasn't something too worrisome or unfortunate behind the fact that she hasn't been replying to my texts, which is unlike her.

Five minutes go by soon enough and I am now parking the car on the side of the street, right in front of her apartment. I check my phone one last time, hoping for the pop-up notification of a text from Haylee but the screen remains blank.

I'm about to ring the doorbell when something catches my eye. The door is not completely pushed in. My heart drops and countless thoughts fly through my mind, imagining the worst scenarios. In a hurry, I push the door open and run inside the apartment, shouting Haylee's name. Papers are lying on the floor of the kitchen, making my heartbeat race at an unbelievable speed. I run through the main corridor, opening the door of every room I pass by.

I arrive in front of the last door at the end of the corridor and make a quick prayer, wishing Haylee would be in that last remaining room. With a deep breath, I turn the knob of the door and open it wide open. 

-🤡-

IM SORRY PLEASE FORGIVE ME!! I HAD TO IM SORRY!! 

Great news though! I'll be uploading the next chapter tonight too so be patient.

Fun fact abt me: 

I have an English oral tomorrow and I don't want to do it.

p.s- peep Daniel up...🥵🥵