Chapter 12: Broken Trainer Syoran

Chapter 12: Broken Trainer Syoran

The next few hours were chaotic. Most of Team Rocket surrendered on Archer’s orders, but a few managed to evade capture. But the real hassle was dealing with all the wounded. Pretty much all of our team qualified for that category, but the sheer numbers of critically hurt trainers and Pokémon meant it was several hours before any of us got treated. Not that I minded. We did eventually get in and it was with horror that I realized I was back in the hands of the most evil Pokémon species in the world.

“AUGH! DON’T TOUCH ME!”

The Chansey looked at me in concern, a clever façade to lull me into a false sense of security, as I cowered in the corner of the treatment room. “Um…I haven’t done anything yet…” she said.

I brandished my blade at her. “S-stay back!” I ordered in a trembling voice.

She sighed and pulled out a walkie-talkie. “We need some sedative in treatment room twelve. Stat.” She frowned at me in a disapproving manner. “Sir, you behavior is getting quite out of hand. Your paranoia is probably a result of fatigue and blood loss! Please, calm down so we can help you!”

“No! Stay away from me!” I snapped, growling at her from the back of my throat, “I won’t be fooled by your soft, fluffy exterior! I know your heart is black underneath!”

“This from a Dark-type?” she muttered loudly enough for me to hear.

The door opened and a Blissey came in with a blow-gun. “Sedative?” she asked sweetly.

“Yes, thank you, Nurse Blissey!” the Chansey said in relief.

I glared at them both suspiciously and growled. “Hold still!” Blissey giggled, raising the blow-gun to her mouth. A dart shot out and hit me in the shoulder.

“Ow! That…” I suddenly felt sleepy and my vision began to fade very quickly, “…hurt…” With an ignominious whimper, I fell into unconsciousness.

I woke up tied down to a hospital bed. I wasn’t bound tightly, but I couldn’t rise because the restraints ran across my back. I was still inside the Pokémon Center. I could tell because no place smelled quite like it. It was dark, but I could hear other Pokémon sleeping nearby. Now, I was a Dark-type, so the lack of light didn’t bother or scare me. But it did make me feel alone for some reason.

I heard a groan next to me and looked that way. “Spirit?” the person asked. It took me a moment to place Rio’s voice since it was deeper than I was used to.

“What?” I said grouchily as I realized it was him.

“Are you here?”

“No. I’m sitting on Arceus’ throne in the Hall of Origin, and boy is there a great view,” I said sarcastically, “Of course I’m here! Where else would I be? I’m tied down!”