Dark: Complicating Complications

Anti was paying Mark a little visit, while I got to work on some things. Moving around the bookcase, I slid my fingers over the side of it, searching for the button.

My fingers found the crack between the panel and the shelf. Carefully prying the panel off, the small black button was still there. After years of waiting, I could finally investigate.

I gingerly pressed it, waiting for that small click I had heard so many times before. Suddenly the bookcase started to move in the opposite direction of me. My heart skipped a beat when I looked inside the small secret room. Photos and photo albums littered the floor. Chests lined the shelf, and a small light bulb hung from the ceiling. I grabbed a flashlight from the desk and headed into the room. Old yellowed papers were still tacked to the wall.

Then I saw them. The pristine white dress hung delicately on the hanger. Soft silk and cream colored ruffles stood out, as if frozen in time. Then there was the suit. Dark pants and jacket, red blazer, and maroon tie. Golden cufflinks still in place. I remember the day, from both souls of my mind. I remembered telling my sister Celine, how beautiful she looked. Short black hair pulled back, and hints of makeup. Then I was taken back to walking down the aisle slowly up to the alter. Mark stood idly by, grinning.

Words were spoken, vows were said, and rings were worn. I ran my fingers over the intricate patterns of the dress, fingers nothing but a wisp over it. I pulled my hand away trying to hold back the burn of tears. Moving away from the wedding dress, I walked towards a familiar chest.

Frowning at it, I unlatched it and slowly opened the lid. A few smaller boxes were inside, along with more books, papers... And the cane. My fingers wrapped around the cold black metal of it. The silver top still shined.

I pulled the cane out of the box and held it for a moment. Screaming out in rage I threw it across the room. The fucker deserved what he was getting. And I was avenging my friends.

***

The flames ate away at the photos. The photos of him, and his smug smile. The door opened behind me and closed carefully. Soft footsteps padded against the floor. "What're you doing?" Anti asked me softly. I sighed and stood up from kneeling before the fire place. "Thinking..." I answered. Anti nodded solemnly and took my hand in his. "I... Can't imagine what pain he's brought to you and your friends. I know it must be tough to go through. But I'm here for you... And I'll make sure that he gets what he deserves." A small smile tugged at the corner of my lips. Turning to face Anti, I put our foreheads together. Anti hummed in response and wrapped his arms around my neck. I placed my hands on his hips. Snapping my fingers, the radio across the room began to play music. Anti smirked and rolled his eyes playfully. "Show off..." He muttered.

I scoffed. "Who was the show off on our first mission?" Anti giggled and began to sway back and forth to the music. "Hmm... I don't know. Pretty sure it was you." I nodded, going along with the bit. "Probably. I can't quite remember... Feels like the mission was years ago." Anti nodded in agreement. I took him by the waist and dipped him. Anti laughed and gave me a peck on the lips. Standing both of us back up, we continued to dance.

The flames reflected on Anti's differently colored eyes beautifully.

The feelings I had for him still scared me though. Having two souls really was confusing. My thoughts were dismissed when Anti leaned in and kissed me. I kissed back until he pulled away, and nuzzled his head into the crook of my neck. "So... What are you thinking about?" I shrugged. "Things..."

"Like what?" He questioned. "Like you." I replied. Anti moved his head to look up at me. I dipped him again and lowered both of us to the floor. "Oh..." Was all he said before I kissed him. He kissed back with just enough passion and love that I swore I would melt. I straddled his waist as he ran his fingers through my hair. The kiss turned slightly more heated. I pulled away to slip off my shoes. Anti's fingers slid underneath my belt and my breath hitched slightly. I kissed Anti roughly, running my hands over his body. One thing led to another, and there we were afterwards. Soft kisses being shared with loving whispers. Our legs tangled together, and our bodies nude. Exhausted from what we just did.

The moment was soon ruined when Mark's voice rang out across the manor. "JESUS! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS DOING?!"

Anti grumbled and yelled back just as feircly. "HAVING A GOOD TIME UNLIKE YOU!"

"GREAT! DANTI'S REAL NOW! THE COMMUNITY IS GONNA GET A REAL HOOT OUTTA THIS!" Mark yelled back sarcastically.

My face contorted to confusion. "What's a 'Danti'?"

***

Mark looked like shit to say the least. A huge bruise covered his cheek, bags under his eyes, and disheveled hair. Currently I was sitting across from him drinking a cup of coffee. "Why am I here?" Mark asked. He sounded as if he had swallowed a cup of glass. "Why are you here? I think you know why." I mused.

He shrugged and lowered his head, probably too tired to keep it up. It's been about a week since Anti and I had kidnapped him. My partially sadistic heart wanted to have a little fun with him, before we went through with the plan.

"Dark... Is it because of Celine and them?"

This asshole had the guts to play dumb with me. "Of course it is, why the fuck would I want to see your face otherwise?" I spat.

Mark visibily flinched and looked up at me. "Dark you have to believe me, I didn't do that to any of you!" My jaw locked and my fists clenched. I stood up from my chair with enough force to knock it backwards onto the floor. One step forward, my fist reeled back and... THWACK!

Knocking Mark out cold, I rubbed my knuckles and walked out of the room.