Chapter 10

“Alex, why have you brought me here?” Jack asks still staring at the photo, words and beer bottle.

“I want to tell you my story.” I state simply, taking a seat on the floor of the tree house. “Here is the best place I could think of.” He nods and sits down next to me. “My brother and I built this tree house. Why he chose to build it in the cemetery I had no clue until recently. He wanted somewhere to drink where our parents wouldn’t know. I’m like this,” I say gesturing to myself, “because of him. He drank himself to death after his girlfriend broke up with him. He always had a drinking problem but it got worse after the breakup. I found him in here. I thought he was just unconscious at first but he was cold. No one that cold could possibly be alive and his skin was grey. The last thing I said to him was: ‘I hate you.’ And the next thing I knew, he was dead. I won’t ever drink alcohol. I promised myself that. I will never fall in love and I will never get my heart broken. I will never be him.” Tears run own my red, blemished cheeks.

Jack wipes my tears away from my face with the pads of his thumbs, holding my face on his hands. “Why do you think you’ll end up like him?” he asks stroking my face.

“The voices say I will, I do as they tell me or they become abusive. They’re always there Jack. Always telling me to hurt myself or kill myself. The voices they don’t go away, they only get quieter and louder.” I cling onto his shirt.

“When are they loudest?” he asks.

“When I’m alone or surrounded by strangers.” I answer. He nods in understanding.

“When are they quiet?” he asks again.

“When I’m around friends. They’re almost silently when I’m with you.” I pause for a moment, looking up at him. “I’ve decided to get help after our music assignment, all I know is that I’ll be gone for quite a while. I haven’t even asked mom where she is sending me, I don’t want to know. I just want to get better. I want to come back after this and meet a nice person, fall in love, bet married and start a family.” I smile at the thought of having my own kids. “But then I can’t do that, I can’t risk my heart being broken and then I don’t even know if I like girls or guys. Ugh life is so hard.”

“Alex, how many people have you dated?” Jack asks, studying my face. His arms wrap around my waist and he then pulls me onto his lap. I blush and look down at my hands, “aww did I make the cutie blush?” I bit my lip and try my hardest not to giggle. Do not giggle, do not giggle. And out comes a fucking giggle.

“I-I’ve never dated anyone. And yes, you did making me blush you meany.” I look down with a small giggle. “I’ve only kissed one person, a-and I think I like boys but I’ve never kissed a girl to compare it too.” I start rambling awkwardly. Jack’s fingers hold my chin and gently turn my head to face him. A cute grin is spread across his chiselled face, his dark brown eyes sparkling with happiness. I can’t help but want to kiss him.

“Alex, was I your first kiss?” he asks, his voice in a serious tone but his face soft. I nod and blush in embarrassment. “Well ‘Lex, thank you for letting me be your first kiss. I feel honoured.” He giggles. I’ve just now decided that I like his giggles, they are very cute. I simply, silently stare at him for a few seconds become launching myself at him and capturing his lips with mine. It took him by surprise making him fall back onto the floor of the tree house and I fall on top of him but I really didn’t mind as I am way too caught up in the feeling of his lips against mine.

His hands rest on my lower back while one of mine cups his cheek while the other plays with his to tone hair. I soon pull away to breathe, a silly grin forces its way onto my face. I like kissing Jack, it just feels right even though we are both guys and society obviously finds it wrong. But who cares, I like being different. I like not fitting in with the crowd. “Yes.” I whisper softly into his ear. He looks up at me confused, of course he would. I mean all I said was yes, I’d Br confused too.

“Yes?” he frowns.

“I called you my boyfriend this morning. Yes, I want you to be my boyfriend.” I say quietly, “T-that’s o-only if y-you want to be of c-course.” I stutter nervously. I’ve never done anything like this before, it’s all new to me. I fiddle with the collar of his shirt, my eyes focused on the fabric between my fingers.

“Alex,” he say kissing my cheek, “I,” another kiss to the cheek, “would,” and another, “love,” another, “to be,” another, “your,” another, “boyfriend.” A grin spreads across my mouth as I look up at him. He still wants to be my boyfriend. I could just yell with joy.

He stares adoringly at me before kissing my lips lightly. “Alex, when you told me this morning that you were gay, how did you come up with that if you didn’t know?” Jack smirks as he asks a question that I really don’t know the answer for. Hmm, I did say that I was gay this morning.

“Well I didn’t really know and I guess IwasjustgoingoffhowmuchIlikedkissingyou.” I say the last part really fast in hope that he misses it. But I still said it and my face flushes.

“Can you say the last part again but maybe a little bit slower?” he asks, an amused smirk on his face.

I take a deep breath a say it again “I was just going off how much I liked kissing you.”

“You like kissing me huh?” I nod, “well then I best keep you happy. He brings his lips up to mine and kisses my lips softly a few times before actually kissing me. My eyes flutter closed and I deepen the kiss, much to both of our surprise. “Well Alexander William Gaskarth, I, Jack Basham Barakat like kissing you too.”

*******************

I just thought you people deserve a update because of all the VOTING and COMMENTING you people have been doing. Oh wait you HAVEN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dakota_Shy