Chapter 17

So this chapter is longer than most and there is a reason for that and I will tell you at the end of the chapter

*******************

I watch the clock closely, I'm waiting to get out of the nurses office. After my 'fit' I was sent here, I don't know what for. It's not like the nurse can help me, I'm just the fucking crazy kid who was shouting at the blackboard. "Alex you have been requested in the music room. Once you're are done there, you are required to go home for the safety of the students and staff." The nurse explains, I nod meekly and shuffle from the room grabbing my bag in the process.

People are watching me like I'm some sort of mad man. I guess I am, I see and hear things that aren't there. I talk to people only I can see. It's obvious why people think I'm crazy. I sigh and bow my head, moving silently through school. I sit in the back of music and wait for the room to fill with students. Jack walks up to me cautiously and kisses my forehead before sitting in the seat next to mine. "Are you okay babe?" he asks taking my hand in his. I nod and look down at my knees. "Are you read to preform your song?"

"Yeah, I just want to get it over with, ya know?" I sigh and look up at him. "Then I'm going to get the help I need." He looks up at me, confusion laced into his doe brown eyes.

"Why does that sound like a goodbye Alex?" Jack asks. I look away from him to the back of the chair in front of me.

"Because it is Jack, it is a goodbye. I don't know how long I'll be gone, fuck I don't even know where I'm going. You'll forget about me Jack, you have to. I can't leave knowing that you won't move on. I want you to be happy. Maybe we'll meet again one day, but until then it will be goodbye." I smile sadly and move my hand out of his.

"Jack, Rian, Zach, Alex. You can do your project first as Alex has an appointment soon." The music teacher says as she comes into class. Her heels make an annoying noise as she walks, I don't understand how woman can walk in those death traps they call heels. I get up collecting one of the electric guitars on my past.

"This song is called Lullabies. It was written by Alex in memory of someone close to him that died." Jack explains before sitting on the stool next to mine. Zac and Rian set up their instruments.

"Make it a sweet, sweet goodbye
It could be for the last time and it's not right.
"Don't let yourself get in over your head," he said.
Alone and far from home I'll find you..."

I feel tears welling up in my eyes and I fight to keep them back. Right now this song has two meanings, saying goodbye to Jack and Daniel. If I can hardly live without Daniel, how the fuck am I meant to survive without the love of my life?

"Sing me to sleep (You've taken so much with you...)
I'll see you in my dreams, (But left the worst with me...),
Waiting to say, "I miss you. I'm so sorry."
I'm sorry, I'm sorry!"

By the end of the song the tears have spilled and I am avoiding eye contact with anyone. "That was very deep and emotional. You all get an A+ and you may leave now Alex." The teacher dismisses me. I nod, put the guitar back and grab my bag and rush from the classroom.

"Alexander William Gaskarth! Get your ass back here so I can kiss you to death before you leave!" Jack yells at me before our bodies collide and collapse on the ground. "I love you, you fucking asshole and if you think I'm just going to forget about you that easily then you are a stupid fucking idiot. Wherever you are I will visit you as often as possible and I will text you all the time and ring you, fuck I'll even write you fucking letters because that's how much I fucking love you!"

Jack. I-I think I love you too. I think I fell head over heels for you and I don't think I'd ever be able to live without you. I love you. I fucking love you." I hold him tightly. "Come home with me." I basically beg.