Chapter 2: Starting Life in Another World

"Sir? Are you okay? You look so pale."

Okay? Okay!? I just found out that I was somehow trapped in a world where there are gigantic demonic beasts that are the size of buildings or skyscrapers, in a world where there is a lunatic cult that loves to torture and kill innocents just for their beloved witch, in a world where the protagonist himself has been mutilated, stabbed to death, decapitated, eviscerated, and cursed!

So I'm clearly very, very, VERY FAR, from OKAY!

That is what I wanted to shout in her face. However, I didn't do that because I didn't want her to become an enemy. The girl who is one of the major protagonists in this story and the girl who has a contract with-

"EMILIA IS MY ENTIRE REASON FOR EXISTING. THERE IS NO REASON FOR ME TO EXIST IN A WORLD WITHOUT HER."

A shiver immediately went down my spine as a hollow, cold and inhumane voice echoed in my mind. An image of a giant monster with golden glowing eyes and fangs that covers the majority of its supposed face also crossed my mind.

Puck...The Beast of the End...

If Emilia's life is forfeit then Puck will go on a rampage, freezing everything that stands in his way. And I don't think I can fight an entity at his level. Not yet, at least.

And angering a monster that can freeze an entire village if he wants to just by existing and standing in place while doing nothing is not something that I found to be wise. Not. At. All.

"I'm...fine, Emilia-dono." I spoke in a slightly strained voice as I shook my head. "Just a little headache." That's not a complete lie. I did get a headache just by realizing where I actually am right now. "Anyway, if you allow me to, I wish to help."

And, as much as I hate to think it and as much as I loathe to say it, I need her help. More specifically, I need Beatrice, the spirit that resides in her mansion's library.

I want to go home. I really do want to go home. I don't want to stay in this dangerous world and for that I will need information and knowledge. I need a magic that is capable of sending me back to my world. If I recall from Arc 4, Beatrice is capable of opening some kind of dimension. Perhaps she could help me find a way home.

If it was me from one hour ago, I would have run away from her, going to another town; another country in fact. I don't care where I end up as long as I'm not staying near her. I mean, look at what Subaru went through because of her! Shit! That crazy clown she lives with is really messed up in the head!

However I did not run away while screaming because, unlike Subaru, I've been given a power.

I have Excalibur, the Last Phantasm, and my strength and perception has been raised to a superhuman level. I deducted that after easily beating those three thugs. I'm not defenseless; I have a weapon and some pure strength that I can use.

This is why I'll dare to take a risk. In here, I'm not a normal human that's weak and fragile...

And if I want to go home...then it's better if I go to the one who's very experienced. This is now the only path I have...the fastest path, to be precise. Get closer to a major character so I can find something useful.

Emilia seems to be taken aback by my sudden offer, her concern turning into a slight wariness.

"Why do you want to help me?" She asked.

Shit, maybe I'm being too forward? Okay, I truly was being too forward! Quick, Aaron! Fix this mess! Find some reason! Anything that's good!

"It's not every day you find a Royal Candidate just by walking around." I said smoothly, making her eyes widen. "I did hear some rumors that there's a Royal Candidate who is – pardon me if this offends you – a Half Elf." I caught the way her body stiffened when I mentioned her race. "In my opinion, it's very interesting."