Chapter 6: Getting to Know You

That... actually went better than I originally expected...

I thought of that as Ram accompanied me around the manor, giving me tour of the mansion. While recalling my conversation with Roswaal or Rose as I call him.

As I recalled my conversation with Roswaal, or Rose as I call him, it honestly caught me off guard when he accused me to be the one who stole Emilia's Royal Badge. He didn't do that to Subaru, even if he was suspicious he did not make blatant move like that. But at same time it make me realize that I'm a different person from Subaru, and thus I needed a different touch so I can dance according to his instrument

It's obvious that whatever was written in Echidna's Gospel Book was related to me. If I recalled correctly the book was different, it acted like the prototype of a book that could show few alternate timelines, in a way similar to Kaleidoscope. Granted it was not perfect, and would never reach the potential of the second magic, even if it only showed a limited number of possibilities, it was still considered to be more effective than any of the other Archbishops gospels.

He needed me to stay, and I'm sure in his gospel book showed timelines where I chose to go off on my own. I would not be surprised if it did, I was considering it after all. I will live in some village and start new life after asking him for quite a considerable amount of money. A part of me was still screaming at me, demanding to leave, to get away from this place. To start a new life, just like in the "What If" route, where Subaru chooses to escape with Rem.

I still think about that option. Seeing what I was going to face... even the bravest person would think twice about accepting such a fate. Even though I had the body of a Heroic Spirit I did not grow up during the age of gods. I was brave, but I still had doubts if it was enough. People who grew up in the modern world had a different way of thinking.

Reading about this Roswaal decided to manipulate the coming events himself. He made me look like the bad guy, and then Emilia came to my defense -I'm actually still surprised she did, and even more so that Puck decided to join her- it was going to make me feel grateful towards her. Then in return, since I don't have anywhere else to go, becoming a free guest that and being treated as nobility would of course be very appealing, not to mention the favor I now owe to Emilia. Thus leading to my wish of staying here.

I was able to read his intentions clearly enough... however I feel there still something more... he was still hiding many things. My newly acquired instincts told me so and since they come from Saber... I just couldn't be wrong.

Then again, he is not the only withholding things.

"Do you get everything this far, Aaron-sama?" Ram asked.

It has been an hour since we finished breakfast. Emilia has excused herself and went her own way, saying she needed to keep up with her studies. Since she pretty much lived in forest, she lost touch with the world for quite some time. She needed to know more about what was actually happening in Lugnica so she could become good King.

"Yep." I nodded to her "The east wing has suites for welcoming visiting nobles, with rooms for entertaining guests and other facilities. The west wing contains the servants quarters, spare furniture and books not meant for the archive."

"The main wing is used for general residence, the first floor consists of the dining room, bathrooms for relaxation, and things like that. The second floor consists Emilia-dono's and Roses offices and rooms related to their work. Third floor is the sleeping rooms for guest and main residence.

"Breakfast is usually served around nine in morning, today was ten because Rose had business to take care of. Lunch is served around two lunartime, and dinner is at seven."