Chapter 12: To the Capital

"Aaron-niisama, look! Look! I managed to split the lumber into two!" Luka cheered as he showed the result of his work.

"Hoo, very impressive." Aaron commented as he observes the lumber that was chopped by Luka. It was rough and unclean. However, he can tell that the wood that was separated were equal in shape. "You did this by yourself?"

"My dad helped me." Luka admitted sheepishly. "He said that I can't hold the axe without him watching since I was too young." He grumbled, seemingly unhappy that he can't hold the wood cutter.

"Don't show such expression." Aaron admonished. "He made the right decision, you might hurt yourself if you hold any sharp object, let alone one that has a blade sharp enough to cut a tree."

"I know! But it doesn't mean I like it."

As the boy was sulking and whining under his breath, Aaron can only shake his head. Seriously, when he was at Luka's age he already got shouted at for holding a pen because his parents were afraid that he might stab himself.

Is this what a medieval age boy used as a toy? An Axe and other sharp weapons? Or is it just Luka? Whichever it is, Aaron didn't think it was good thing though.

"It was all thanks to Aaron-niisama's training!" Luka said with a grin, his sulking demeanor previously gone. "Dad said it's not just healthy for the body, but also it makes me know how to swing it properly!"

"Is that so." Aaron said, eyes glimmering with amusement and pride. "I'm glad that I could be of help, keep in mind that exercising every morning is healthy for your body."

"Uhn!" Luka nodded, his face showing an admiring expression as if he just received some kind of gospel. "And don't forget to eat your veggies and fruits to grow strong!"

Aaron's lips quirked in amusement, his hand raised and ruffled the boy's hair. "That's right, don't forget to eat veggies and fruits to grow strong." He repeated.

Luka's grin was so bright and Aaron was sure his teeth for moment were sparkling like a certain bowl-haired ninja in a green spandex.

"Luka! Bothering Aaron-sama again I see."

Aaron and Luka turned to see a certain young man approaching them. Luka's face immediately turned to one of annoyance while Aaron only smile kindly.

"Ken-nii! What are you doing in here?" Luka asked.

"Oi, oi, what kind of question is that? This village is where I live too you brat, so of course I'm in here." Ken answered with grin that annoys the boy.

"Not that! I mean, why are you here?"

"To make sure you do not bother Aaron-sama too much." Ken said. "Seriously, Aaron-sama comes here to enjoy the village, not get bothered by a brat like you."

"I don't mind, Ken." Aaron chuckled. "Luka's presence can be... Exhilarating."

Hearing that, the boy's annoyed face turned into one of joy while Ken only shakes his head. "You're too kind Aaron-sama."

"Not really." The pseudo Saber replied smoothly. "By the way, are you done with your own exercises?"

"You can say so." Ken grinned lightly while flexing his muscle. "It was kind of tiring and troublesome at first, but after you move for a few minutes it becomes refreshing."

"Indeed, it's actually healthy for the body to move in the mornings after sleep." Aaron said with an approval nod. "It gives your body good metabolism and makes the blood flow inside you more smoother and better which prevents strokes or other blood-related illness." He may not be a medical student, but he's mom was a doctor and she always forced him to live a healthy lifestyle as much as possible