Chapter 22: The Beast of Gluttony

"Well, I'm surprise that you decide to stay in here rather than go inside." Al commented as he leaned to nearby fence while looking at the blue oni direction

The head maid of Roswaal's family facial expression not even twitch once, it's remain calm and unchanged as she respond the comment "That because Rem have something to ask to Al-san."

"Oh?" Al tilt his head to the side slightly "Really? Well..." He place his hand to his helmet chin in thoughtful manner "I can't say I don't expect that truthfully, I have my suspicion when I caught you and Emilia-sama sneaking glance at me." He said with hum

"You did?" Rem asked, despite her face showing no emotion but in reality she's a bit surprised. She was sure they were being quite subtle moment ago

"Well I always watching my surrounding when near people I'm not close with." Al answered "And when I saw you two looking at me discreetly, well I already guess you two must be want to talk about something with me." He explained his reason "There's no way you two fall to my charm, I'm not that good looking." He added with small laugh

Rem stoic expression for the first time since they talked turned to flat, her eyes was definition of blank as she look at the former gladiator with not amused emotion

"Oi, oi, I'm just joking, don't give me that "This man is so disgusting that I wish him to die" look!" Al said indignantly when noticing the maid dull stare "A-Anyway." He clear his throat and regain his composure "What do you want to talk about?"

"Rem wish to know more about Pendragon Family." Rem answered "If Al-san do not mind, can you tell me more about them?"

"Pendragon family?" Al repeated with questioning tone "Hmm, I don't mind actually. Like I said, they're legend from where I came from. Though I kind of surprised Pendragon-sama didn't told you about them even if it only small." He scratch his chin while saying that "Then again, giving how their family ended, he clearly have good reason to not say anything."

"And exactly how they ended?" Rem asked curiously

"To put it bluntly, a big tragedy." Al answered "No happy ending for them, Pendragon family was a mess that filled with bad end." He explained "Which is why I'm very surprised with Pendragon-sama existence, giving how the last time they mentioned in history, it very shocking that there still descendant of Pendragon who still alive."

Despite her face show nothing but Rem feel her stomach clenched. Was it really that bad? Just thinking that Aaron-sama live in such condition enough to give her slight fear to just what the young man went through before coming here

"Start from the beginning please." Rem said softly

"... Well, I'm not remember the legend about them much, it's been long time after all. I only remember few particular character." Al replied "I don't know much about the kingdom of Britain origin, save for they actually connected with two dragons that fighting each other."

'Britain... The name of Aaron-sama homeland.' Rem thought as she recall the castle he shown to her through his metia "Two dragons?"

"Yep, one is white and the other is red." Al nodded "I don't know much since I kinda skipping that part, Pendragon family originally is not a name of noble or royal family. That last name is actually created from word of "Pen" that mean "Chief" and Dragon, thus Pendragon mean Chief Dragon." He explained "The name given because Uther Pendragon, the father of Arthur Pendragon, made pact with the Red Dragon." He then paused and scratch his head "Or was it because he tamed the Dragon? No, was it because he marry with one?" He mumbled in confused tone "Sorry, like I said I don't remember much so you can ignore that part, the point is Pendragon family have close relation with the red dragon, Ddraig the name if I recall."