▪︎1▪︎

TW // Homophobia and Homophobic Slurs

"F*ggots"

He said with a a disgusted look on his face. My crush of three years.

"Get out of my face with that gay ass shit! I don't want to see that!"

Me Jeno, and Mark walk passed the two males kissing.

Why do I have to be best friends with the homophobic bully at my school?

And why am I in love with him, an asshole?

I looked back at the two and mouthed a "Sorry" to them, turned my head back around, and slowly lowered my head down. I put my hands in the front pocket of my hoodie and continued walking along side Jeno, my crush.

---------

"Did you guys finish the homework in science?" Jeno asked as we made our way to the Lunch table.

"Nah did you?" Mark questioned Jeno.

"Ha of course not."

I felt Jeno's stare on me, waiting for a response. With my head still down I shaked my head no in response.

"You okay?" I looked up and nodded with a faint smile.

"Well anyway, I just broke up with my girlfriend." I looked up and I felt my heart skip a beat. This happens so often. He gets a new girlfriend every week. The longest lasting 3 weeks. And everytime he says those words, I can't help but feel a bit of hope.

"But Im gonna ask out this other girl. She's a sophomore and she is real hot."

Then that hope quickly gets crushed.

Why won't he love me back?

Why does he have to be straight?

Why does he have to be a homophobic asshole?

Why do I love him anyway?

What the heck is wrong with me!? Why does my heart flip completely when he looks at me? Why does his eye smile have to be so cute? But why is he a jerk?

These thoughts went through my mind as I worked on their homework along with mine. I sometimes feel like im in heathers, but i'm Veronica. Except im in love with my worst enemy. Also known as my best friend.

Maybe one day he'll see who is right in front of him. But until then, im left being is "best friend".

-------------

A/N
Ew I know this is bad. Its my first ff ive written. (Besides on wit..)
I hope you maybe liked it..?

Follow me on Instagram btw - _gucci.tae.can.rap_