9: Too deep to escape

Melanie Freda

Same day 2:52pm

I ordered my cheese cake and chocolate strawberries then turned around to see Jhamal eyes focusing only on my ass. Surprisingly I didn't feel uncomfortable like I did when men do. It felt ok. I just laughed it off but not an uncomfortable one a normal one.

I got my treats then walked back to the table. Then Jhamal insisted on walking me to my car where my driver was awaiting.

"I'm tryna take you out Mela so when you free call me okay". Jhamal said as we arrived where my car was parked I smiled sheepishly nodding my head then was surprised when he placed a kiss on my cheek.

I was in flames but not hot with anger I was so surprised at his action. I don't even know why I was even nervous I've been kissed before.

He makes me nervous

"You gotta go back to work Mela ". He said breaking our little staring session still keeping that beautiful smirk on his face then opening my door for me. 

"I-uh ...bye". I said still a little shocked as I entered the passenger seat. I was staring up at him trying to wonder how the hell he made me feel this way no man had ever been able to make me vulnerable to them in attraction. Not even Quincy he could only do that with fear. But Jhamal could and that shocked me.

"Bye Melanie enjoy your day". Jhamal said gently closing my door and I just waved as the car drove away.

I checked my missed calls seeing one from Deja and sighed. I then opened the box of chocolate covered strawberries and started to eat one of them.

My car then arrived back at my office and I got out walking straight to my office. I placed the boxes of treats on my desk then sat down on my chair spinning around as I let myself drown in my thoughts.

I started thinking about the way Jhamal made me feel vulnerable. He had me dreaming bout him too. He just has this thing maybe it was his charm and how sweet he is that attracted me more to him than his looks. But whatever it was it was working.

The funniest thing is I didn't want to run away. I wanted to discover him more. Sure I hated feeling vulnerable to a man but not like this. This felt amazing and it was as if I was already to deep to escape. My heart told me to run but my head told me to stay. I listened to my head instead.

"Bitch do you not pick up your phone". Deja said barging into my office. Then paused seeing a smile on my face

"Sorry I was busy but calm your itty bittie titties down you only called me once". I said then saw Megan strolled in my room then looked at me then turned as Deja and her both looked at each other in confusion.

"What"? I asked opening the box of assorted cheese cake.

"Why you smiling so hard your face gon brake". Deja said as she sat on a side of my desk and Megan grabbed a slice of a chocolate swirled cheese cake.

"Yeah you were gon for a while too like bitch it's 3:00 how long does it take to get treats". Megan cocked an eyebrow then flopped on the chair.

"The store was full". I shrugged also grabbing a slice of cake.

"Ouuu Melanie seeing a man". Megan and Deja said at the same time.

"Me ,no I just told you the store was-". I started being cut off by Deja.

"You lying Mel's why the fuck you lying". Deja stated to sing and Megan continued.

"Girl I ain't been your friend for long but I had been working for you so don't think I don't know you cause sis I do". Megan said simply.

"It's ok cause we'll meet him at the boat trip and you inviting him". Deja said with a concluding tone.

"Yeah no yall tripping I am not inviting him to our trip". I said not even caring I outed my self.

"Why not I mean we get to meet Dejas girlfriend we should also get to meet the man that's been making you so happy". Megan said and Deja nodded her head in agreement.

"Valid point...ok fine but he's prolly busy". I said taking out my phone to text him but wasn't actually gonna text him. I really didn't want him there I mean we were still bonding and I didn't want to do anything to risk it.

"He busy yall he got work". I said simply looking at them both and I could tell they didn't believe me.

"Whatever Mels I'm just glad you happy". Deja shrugged eating a strawberry.

"Yeah same you have a genuine smile and I love it". Megan said too.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

5:35pm

Later on that day we went  home to watch a movie and just talk about our lives. 

I was laying on my carpet while Deja and Megan were talking bout something.

I then heard my phone ring and saw it was Aliana. 

"Hey girl what's up". I said placing the phone on my ear.

"Nothing girl I just wanted to thank you for accepting me cause it means a lot to me". I heard her cheese in the phone.

"No problem girl".

"Oh and I know bout you and Jhamal I just wanted to tell you his a nice guy and he'll treat you right please don't break his heart" .

"Ok sis I promise I won't and we having  lil boat trip on saturday you wanna join it's just me and my friends thats gon be there". I invited her.

"Sure sis I'll try to be there...ok well bye see you later".

"Yeah bye oh and don't tell Jhamal". I begged and heard her laugh.

"Ok fine". She said hanging up.

I went back to see Megan and Deja outside sharing a blunt. I joined them and sat on the grass relaxing. We passed around the blunt till Deja put it out and we passed out there sleeping on the grass. 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Vote, Comment and Share.