t w o

Victor stared at the caramel skinned woman standing across from him.

From afar, she seemed almost perfect. But when you got closer, you could see the intricate details and flaws her body held.

Her face was symmetrical and her skin appeared even and ordinary. Yet, slightly down the left side of her neck, there was a crescent moon shaped scar.

She was wearing what he guessed was her regular 'work' attire. A long sleeve white top that showed part of her stomach, black cargo pants, blue laced combat boots, and fingerless gloves. He could see knives and guns tucked into every pocket and loop of the holsters across her body.

Falcone Manor sat in the middle of a large private estate and felt almost like it belonged in a horror film. The trees and bushes that lined the edges of the well-kept grass divided it from the concrete driveway. The gloomy sky above them mirrored the same darkness that lurked over the entirety of Gotham.

As they stood before the front steps of Falcones house waiting for him to arrive, Victor couldn't help but admire her choice of weapons and their style, though he could barely see them. A slight smirk crept onto his lips.

Soren caught him staring, noticing his smirk, she realized he was looking at her weapons.

"Wanna see them?" She asked, snapping him out of his gaze as he finally looked at her face.

"Depends what 'they' you're referring to." His smirk grew.

"I'm referring to the guns and knives, jackass." She scoffed. "Which I could murder you with at any second, so watch yourself."

"Yes Ma'am." Victor nodded, a false apologetic look on his face.

Soren rolled her eyes as she pulled a knife from the sheath strapped to her left bicep. It was a black brass knuckle knife combination. "1918 knuckle duster trench knife with a six inch steel blade."

She pulled another knife from a set of 8 on her thigh, all of which were the same electric blue colour. "Throwing knives." She said, sliding both knives back into their sheaths.

Two more knives, this time they were curved, were pulled from the holster around her shoulders. "Karambit knives." One was a holographic blade while the other was red with a blue snake.

Victor raised his eyebrow at the girl as she put the knives back. "11 knives?"

"That you know of." She winked, glancing up at the sky for just a second.

"Well, with the amount of weapons you carry in plain sight, I wouldn't doubt you have plenty more hidden."

Soren chuckled. "I was a lot more discreet with my work before moving here. Now there's no point cause, well, it's Gotham. Discretion isn't really necessary."

"Clearly."

"My guns are my true pride and joy." She said, crossing her arms to pull two pistols from opposite sides of her shoulder holster.

She handed them to Victor and smiled. "The white and black knight."

Victor observed the 1911 .45 Colts in his hands. One of them was black with silver and gold detailing with a dragon on the grip. The other was white with silver and gold detailing and a horse mounted knight on the grip.

"Would it be wrong of me to propose to you, right here, right now?" Victor asked and handed the guns back to her, still enthralled by the beauty of them.

"Yes." She answered, pulling out the last two visible guns.

"A glock." She handed him a plain black gun she pulled out from behind her, and reached down to the holster on her right thigh. "And a red and black glock with a pyramid cut slide."

"And also some extra mags." She said, gesturing to the objects lining her belt.

Victor noticed the pyramid cut glock had some red symbols, which he realized were inverted pentagrams, on each side of the grip, as well as the words 'til death' towards the back of the slide.

"Seriously." He started, noticing Falcone had pulled up and was stepping out of the car. "Marry me."

Carmine gave Zsasz a curious look and gestured for the hitman and woman to follow him. "I hope you're not getting yourself in trouble, Victor."

They followed Falcone to his office inside the house, where he sat down at a desk. He took notice of the faint limp Soren had as she walked, remembering his hitman had told him about her injury.

Sorens eyes quickly scanned the entirety of the room. The large dark wood desk sat in the centre while the wall behind it was covered from top to bottom in bookshelves. The window on the left side of the room allowed for as much natural light as possible in Gotham to seep in.

She stood behind the chairs on opposite side of the desk while Victor leaned against the wall beside the window.

Carmine chuckled quietly to himself when he saw neither of them utilized the chairs in the room, thinking about how, among other things, that was something the two killers had in common.

"Ms. Striker, it's nice to finally meet you." He said, shaking her hand. "As I'm sure Victor has told you, I have I job I need done with discretion."

Soren nodded, an indication for him to continue.

"I'm aware that before arriving in Gotham, you were known for your discretion. Your abilities are quite impressive."

"Thanks. Other cities aren't as lenient towards murder as Gotham is."

"Yes, well, the job doesn't require any of that. I need you and Victor to go to a charity gala and retrieve something for me. I'll have him share the more sensitive details with you the day of." Falcone said, intertwining his fingers.

"Sounds like a plan."

"Yes, well, I think that's all. I just wanted to meet you before and determine if I can trust you."

Soren raised her eyebrows at the man in front of her. "And you think you can after having a five minute conversation with me?"

"I can read people and their intentions very well, Ms. Striker."

"I'll guess we'll find out then." She smiled slightly and turned to leave the way they came in.

Victor smirked and followed her out until she stopped on the front steps of the building. A leather mask attached to the back of her belt cause his attention as they descended.

"What's that?" Victor asked, eyes pointed on the object.

Soren stopped and turned to look at him. She followed his line of sight to the mask attached at her hip.

"Oh." She said, unclipping it from her belt and holding it up to show him. It was leather and covered her mouth and nose, with a horizontal zipper in the center of the gums and teeth design. It had another square attached that had an x on it and covered her right eye.

"I haven't used it much since coming to Gotham, but it was to conceal my identity. It helped hide the normal eye. The other one freaked people out more." She chuckled and gestured to her eyes.

Victor wondered how he hadn't noticed the difference of colour in her eyes before. The 'normal' one was an icy blue, while the other had a completely black iris.

"It reminds me of David Bowie but when I was younger people thought I was the Antichrist because of it. That's one small part of the reason I got the nickname the 'devils daughter'.

"And the other reasons?" Victor asked.

Soren smirked, starting to walk backward towards her motorcycle. "I can't give up all my secrets in one day, Vic."