f i v e

Soren groaned as she walked out the door of the Torres restaurant she had come to hate so much. He had her running around like an errand boy the past few days and she wanted a change. This time, at least, he'd given her something fun to do.

For whatever reason unbeknownst to her, Torres wanted Fish Mooney's umbrella boy.
Assuming he wouldn't go willingly, that meant she got to kidnap him, which also left the door open to fight anyone that got in her way.

Suspecting he'd be with Fish at her club, she got on her motorcycle and sped off, the tires screeching against the pavement of the Gotham streets. In all honesty, she cherished the all black bike.

It was one of her first big purchases, she had always been good at knowing how to spend and invest her money. Being a mercenary/hitman/assassin- she wasn't she what the difference between the three was - was generous on the wallet.

When Soren arrived at the club, she could tell it was closed by the lack of noise it usually exhibited. She parked her bike in the dirty ally beside the building and got off, making her way inside.

The inside of the club was drastically different during the day than at night. During the day it was bright and inviting, but at night it was the perfect place to go to get shitfaced.

Looking around the large-open concept room, Soren noticed that the umbrella boy, Oswald was standing next to Fish along with what she guessed were bodyguards. Across from her was Carmine Falcone, and a few feet away, Victor Zsasz.

Do they spend all their time here? She wondered. She tapped her fingers on her leg as she approached the group. As soon as she was within view, Mooney's men pulled their guns on her.

"Hi boys." She smiled cynically and raised her hands. "I'm not here to hurt anyone."

Falcone turned around in his seat and looked at the girl in front of him. "Mrs. Striker, what can we help you with?"

Soren dropped her hands and moved closer, a few small steps at a time. "I'm here for the umbrella boy." She said, her voice flat and uninterested.

"Not gonna happen." Fish said and gestured for her men to get rid of Soren.

Fish's bodyguards shot at Soren and she dove behind the bar, narrowly missing each bullet. Sneaking out from the bar and behind the two men, she shot each of them in the head and grabbed Oswald. Her arm wrapped around his neck and a gun to his hand, Soren had the upper hand.

Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Victor smirking slightly. He had never seen her work in person before and was impressed with how quickly she moved and was able to take control of the situation.

"Why do you want with my umbrella boy?" Fish asked.

"Oh, I don't want him," Soren clarified. "Torres does."

"Why?" Falcone interjected, still sitting in his spot unaffected by the previous events.

"No idea, I'm guessing he pissed someone off." She replied nonchalantly.

Falcone gave a slight nod before gesturing to Fish. "Let her take him."

The look on Fish's face made it clear that she didn't want to oblige, but she knew she wouldn't be able to argue with Falcone and have him change his mind.

Soren flashed her a fake smile and glanced at Victor, who was still watching her with a cocky smirk on his face. As she yanked the umbrella boy out of the club, Victor followed her out.

"You planning on taking him on that bike?" He asked, pointing to her motorcycle.

"Nah I was thinking about tying him to the back and just dragging him." She chuckled and noticed Oswald looking terrified.

"Don't worry," she started. "I'm not actually going to do that, and I'm sure Torres doesn't want to kill you, otherwise I'd have already done it."

After driving back to Torres restaurant, Soren brought Oswald to her boss and stood back with her arms crossed.

Torres gave her a look, telling her she could go. She thought it was odd because he never usually minded her being there during meetings. She brushed it off and got back on her bike, unintentionally going to the old Gotham Cathedral.

Placing her foot on the steps, she started to make her way up, but was stopped by a stranger walking by.

"Are you going to the old cathedral?" The young girl asked. Soren observed her appearance and came to the conclusion he was likely a street kid. She crossed her arms over her chest and nodded, squinting at the girl.

"The cathedrals been closed for years, no one works there anymore. There's another church on the other aide of town that's still open." The cat-like girl said before taking off down the streets.

Soren furrowed her eyebrows and looked back up the cathedral. Obviously she was mistaken, right? Soren had spoken to the priest in the confessional many times before, she knew it was abandoned by civilians but it was still in operation.

Plus, the girl seemed like a liar, perhaps she had just been trying to distract Soren while she pickpocketed her. But she wasn't missing any of her things, so she must just like screwing with people.

Soren shook her head of her thoughts and continued up the steps into the church and confessional, where she was greeted by that familiar voice.