s i x

Two weeks had quickly passed by, and before she knew it, Soren was meeting Victor outside her house to get ready for the job.

He eyed the blue velvet dress and the way it grazed against the tan skin of her thighs as she walked towards him. It highlighted the curve in her hips without being skin tight and her black heels laced part way up her ankles with a gold snake.

As weird as it sounded, Victor had never seen her arms before. As she descended the steps of her front porch, he took note of the short-white scars covering her arms. It looked like someone had taken a knife and slashed her arms, he decided not to ask her about it, in case it was a touchy subject. He didn't want to risk upsetting her and getting murdered before they could complete the job.

The sun had begun to set causing the sky to be bright orange and cast a golden glow over the city. The suit Victor had on was similar to what he usually wore, except with a classier feel and without all the weapons.

"I'd say you clean up nice but you always look nice." Soren chuckled and walked to her garage.

"Are you flirting with me?" Victor raised an eyebrow and followed her.

She ignored his question and opened the door to the garage, it contained a car covered by a white sheet. "I figured since we are pretending to be classy people for the night, I might as well bring out my 'classy' car."

She pulled the sheet off the car to reveal a matte black Chevy Camaro.

"Are you secretly a millionaire or something?" He asked, getting into the passenger side. "You seem to have a lot of expensive things."

"I could be." Soren shrugged and turned the car on. "I don't remember most of my life lately, only bits and pieces."

"Right." Victor said, remembering she had told him a bit about it. "Anyways, we should go over the details before we get there."

Soren nodded in agreement as she pulled out of her garage and onto the road, driving towards the charity gala. Victor had given her the address to the event the day before.

"There's a ring," Victor started, taking his phone from his pocket and pulling up a photo. "It's called The Angel's Tear."

Taking her eyes off the road for a few seconds, Soren glanced at the photo. The bigger tear drop shaped jewel was a mix of purple and blue while the two circular ones on either side of it were white. She had to admit, the ring was stunning. She couldn't even begin to imagine how much it costs.

"It's made with 14k gold, alexandrite, and sapphire." Victor said, putting his phone away. "It's worth 52 million, one of the most expensive rings in the world."

Soren scoffed in disbelief and pulled into the driveway of the charity gala. "It's worth that much and we're only getting paid ten thousand?"

Victor shrugged as he got out of the car. "Falcone doesn't want it just so he can sell it, I'm guessing it means something to him."

Soren followed him and handed her keys to the valet.

"Shall we?" Victor held his arm out for her.

Soren nodded and linked her arm into his as they made their way inside.

The gala was held at a large event venue in one of the nicer parts of the city. The inside of the building was white and had a wide staircase leading into the main room.

The pair descended up the steps into the large room filled with the wealthy citizens of Gotham. Soren stuck close to Victor's side as she observed the guests and staff around them.