e l e v e n

Content Warning: Blood and Violence

"How much longer is this gonna take?" Soren peered through the scope of her rifle. Crouched on top of a roof, she could see Arkham Asylum nearby even in the dark.

Victor chuckled and glanced over to the rooftop opposite of him, the tiniest reflection from his partner's equipment catching his eye. "This guy is always late."

"Well, I'm—" She stopped at the sound of footsteps approaching behind her. "Hold that thought, I've got company."

"Look at that boys, she stayed in town." A man said.

Soren stood and spun around, her hand hovering over the pistol on her right thigh. She recognized the men in front of her, a group of six, as Torres' goons.

"I bet Torres would pay a pretty penny for you." Their leader, Otis, stepped toward Soren. "Now why don't you come with us quietly and no one has to get hurt."

Soren scoffed. "You're just afraid of getting your ass kicked."

Otis motioned to his men and they circled around her. Luckily for Soren, Torres' hired muscles were neither smart nor coordinated. One ran toward her, she stepped back and he went barreling into another of the men, and they both fell over the edge of the roof.

"Oh come on, I'm sure you can do better than that." Soren pulled her brass knuckle knife from the sheath on her left arm and gripped it with her right hand. Another man tried to punch her. She ducked, stabbed him in the gut, and punched him in the face. He stumbled to the ground.

She heard a few gunshots in the distance.

Another two came at her. She caught one of them by the arm and elbowed him in the face.
He grabbed her by the shoulders, her back facing him. She stabbed behind her into his thigh. Soren pushed the injured man into the other but he stepped out of the way and continued forward. She attempted to stab him, he caught the knife by the blade and gripped her by the hair, and not in a fun way.

"That's just rude." She said through gritted teeth. She reached across her body with her left hand and pulled the pistol from her thigh holster. Soren aimed the gun upwards and shot him, the bullet going through his chin into his skull. Blood splattered over her clothes and his body dropped.

"Look's like I'll have to kill you myself." Otis, being the only one left, pulled out his gun and start shooting at the female assassin.

She dodged every bullet and rushed toward him. She knocked the gun out of his hands, but he grabbed her by the wrists, forcing her weapons out of her hands. Otis tackled her, wrapping his hands around her throat.

Soren's head smacked against the concrete, blurring her vision as she struggled under his weight.

You've always been strong, Al Shaitan.

Soren managed to reach down to her left thigh and pull out one of her electric blue throwing knives. It became hard to breathe. His grip on her airways tightened. She slashed across his throat and poured down over her face and body. He grasped at his throat and slumped over.

Soren grunted and pushed Otis' body off of her. She laid there for a moment, catching her breath before Victor appeared in front of her.

"Oh, hey." She nodded at him. "I've got this handled."

"I know, I was watching," Victor smirked at her and offered her a hand. She took it and he pulled her up. He looked her up and down. "All that blood looks good on you. Really brings out your eyes."

The corner of Soren's mouth twitched upward. She looked down at her hands and started undoing her blood-covered gloves. "I take it you took care of our target?" She asked, remembering the gunshots she heard that hadn't come from her little scuffle.