2.

*Flashback*
10 years back

5th October, 2004
I woke up with a smile on my face. Yes, it was my 8th Birthday. Not to mention, my sibling shared the same birthday as me. I dressed up in my new Minnie Mouse sweater and my black skirt with black shoes. My parents hugged me and gave me my present. Lily came to me but I chose to ignore her. I could care less about the present as I was excited to meet my Grandpa. He was coming to see me after so long. I was jumping all around my living room - eager to see my Grandpa.

Suddenly, the telephone started ringing. As soon as my Dad picked up the phone, he went pale. He dropped the phone and stood there - frozen. My mom came rushing in the living room hearing the noise. My Dad answered, "Dad was met with an accident. H-he d-died on the spot." Silence engulfed the room. Tears started brimming in my eyes. My parents took Lily and rushed out of the house. They didn't even turn back to tell me where they were going. Maybe they rushed to the hospital. I was left at home. Alone.

I cried and cried till my eyes were sore. My Grandpa was the only person I adored loved with all my heart and he loved me back too. I spent the whole day thinking about how he loved me. How he felt bad about me that my parents cared about Lily and not me. How he bought me candies when my mom refused to give me saying I was going 'fat'. How he preferred calling me 'J' than my real name. How he loved me much, much more than Lily. I also thought how he would be in a safer and a better place - Heaven.

My parents returned home at night. They came to me and said, " Jasmine, Grandpa is not coming back. But he left a little present for his angel."

They handed me a little box. It was wrapped in a red Minnie Mouse gift paper - my favourite cartoon. I smiled at the way he remembered. There was a little white tag on which he wrote 'For my Angel'

I carefully unwrapped the gift paper and opened the box. It was a little key necklace. Tears trickled down my cheeks. I had lost the most important person in my life.

*Flashback over*

+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|

Hope you guys liked this chapter. I actually wrote it as I miss my Grandpa a lot. He was the most important person in my life and he passed away on this date itself. This chapter is kind of as a rememberance of him. Anyway, if you like this chapter, please Vote and Comment. Please feel free to post any feedbacks or recommendations in the Comments. Anddddd 1 more flashback is yet to come. Thank you!

-SJR