Chapter 1

Jasper Kingston above! Photo is from Pinterest!

Photo is from Pinterest!

——————————————————

J A S P E R K I N G S T O N

"Xavier, we need some things for dinner!" I yelled at my roommate while I shuffled through the cabinets. I looked inside the fridges and they were empty as well.

"Go get something from down the street then!" He yelled back from upstairs. I groaned as I glared at the staircase. Idiot. The only reason why I'm letting him be is because I understand he's under pressure with a forensics exam coming up.

However, I was irritated and hungry.

"It's your turn to do the grocery shopping!" I replied, slightly annoyed. 'Bloody hell, I just took my damn meds.'

My meds weren't necessarily helping my case since it's after effects included irritability, weakness, numbness, etc...

"I'm doing my college work, Oh and don't forget my jello!" He reminded.

I rolled my eyes at his poor time management but got ready regardless. I threw on a plain white t-shirt and gray sweatpants. And of course, I wore sunglasses. I don't feel like getting stared at tonight. I quickly ruffled my hair and groaned at the realization that I may need a trim soon.

I muttered curses under my breath and remembered I have a psychology exam in a couple of days. I was quite good in certain subjects that retained math or English, I was quite hopeless in sciences. But if I studied a little more than I can easily adapt to the subject.

I exited the loft and locked the door behind me. The walk from the loft to the grocery store was no more than ten minutes so I just reminded myself that this last minute shopping will be quick and simple.

Xavier offered me his keys but I enjoy walking, it gave me some alone time myself.

Although I probably should've taken my meds another time. But, it's not like I knew I was going to be out at almost midnight. The dizziness and the fatigue don't wear off until I fall asleep. The good thing about sunglasses is that it hides my eyebags and my prevailing tiredness.

Xavier and many others mentioned how I have natural tired eyes. It's either 'attractive' to some people or 'scary' to others.

Overall, I just didn't feel like socializing with my eyes or talking at all. It was a good thing Xavier was talkative and kindly sociable. So when we went out, he did all the talking while I just stood there waiting. I never minded being quite invisible at times, if anything I preferred the transparency I presented and perceived myself to be. That way, I never had to worry about stares or questions, and that's all I could really ask for while I focused on my studies.

I entered the grocery store with about forty-five dollars on me and my credit card in case. The lights in the store started to dim and go out. I looked up towards the lights and squinted through my sunglasses. The shelves were presented as messy; ruffled with, the items displayed were either knocked on the floor or laying flat out. The AC was on, other than the fact that it was 32° out, and the cool breeze caused shivers to run up and down my spine. The miniature grocery store was vacant, quiet, and overall bloody creepy.