Chapter 7

Jasper Kingston above

The photo is from Pinterest

——————————————————

J A S P E R   K I N G S T O N

"There's no way..."

"I can't believe it, the Alaric Vitale!"

"He can so rail me."

'Bloody hell...' I mumbled incoherently under my breath, tiredly making my way to my next class, Calculus ll.

Comments like these were all I heard as I strolled through the flooded and vast halls of the University. His sudden arrival; and recent purchase of the building, spread through the University like wildfire. Girls stumbled over their words just gossiping about him, imagine them having a one-on-one conversation with him. They were elated and wanted nothing more than to fuck him, while guys were either intimidated or wanted to be him, however, all I could think of is

Why?

Don't get me wrong, I understand all types of reactions to his arrival, however, I couldn't help but just be curious. For instance, he was already the wealthiest man in the City, yet he bought a prestigious University that is currently undergoing a financial crisis.

'If anything, wouldn't he lose money?' However, if that's even possible, since, well according to Silas, he owned 'numerous businesses throughout the world,' not just this City. He could buy anyone or anything, yet he bought a random ass University that most likely didn't benefit him in any way.

'He sounds like a control freak.' I thought. I slid onto the wooden chairs and placed my MacBook on the desktop.

"For fuck's sake, Jasper, why are you thinking of him?" I mumbled under my breath and ran a hand through my brown hair.

A few minutes later Athena sat next to me with a massive and blinding smile plastered on her olive complexion. She was staring at her phone intently, mesmerized by whatever was on her glowing screen. I raised my dark brown brows at her weird behavior and she just continued smiling down at her phone, clearly infatuated.

"What are you looking at?" I asked while leaning into the wooden-paired desk, Athena and I sharing a conjoined one.

"The article posted by the school, talking about the new owner." She answered, showing me her phone. "I'm not even reading it, I'm just looking at the photo of him." She squealed in my ear, causing me to cringe at the ungodly and high-pitched sound. She chuckled at my reaction and continued to dawn over the one photo of him published as the cover of the article.

The title is "New Owner of Riverside University!" Glancing over the newly published article, the realization dawned on me, he was now the owner of the University I was attending.

In the photo displayed on the cover of the article, he was wearing a business suit that visibly hugged his muscles nicely, too nicely. His tattoos were apparent as well; inked perfectly on his tan skin. I remember seeing those tattoos, the date labeled on his wrist. He was leaning comfortably against his leather chair and judging by just his posture, he was in control. His face, and jaw, looked as if he was carved by a Greek God himself, and his eyes, God. His dark obsidian-like eyes captivated an intense gaze, clearly intimidating every businessman in that room. My violet eyes, even hidden behind the sunglasses I wore, were glued to his towering figure.