Chapter 3

Jasper Kingston above

Photo from Pinterest

——————————————————
J A S P E R K I N G S T O N

Growing up in the UK enlightened me on various aspects regarding one's future, specifically mine. I moved to the US, specifically New York City, because I was offered a once-in-a-lifetime scholarship in such a prestigious University, known as Riverside University, a few years ago. I couldn't pass down an offer like that like I fled from London the minute I received the offer.

I've planned to be by myself but unfortunately there were no lofts available for only one person, just 2 or more. So, I've met someone and we slowly became roommates. I was never the social type, and I disliked people. My roommate is one of the very few people I can tolerate.

Over the few years I've known him, he became more than tolerable.

The front door slammed causing me to jump out of my seat. I turned around to see a big grin on Xavier's dimpled cheeks. He possessed a 'Guess what?' type of smirk. I rolled my eyes and tiredly tilted my head.

"I got a new tattoo! How do I look?" My roommate, Xavier, smirked. He flexed his muscles as he showed me the new and fresh design.

Xavier's freshly carved tattoo was a design of a venomous snake, and a beaming sun blazed behind it.

I walked up to him and stared up at the six-foot-two idiot who randomly got another tattoo this week.

One of his arms was covered in tattoos, his other arm was a work in progress.

"It looks cool," I observed. "You're extremely impulsive," I muttered. The brunette chuckled and took off his sunglasses, and threw them. At me.

"Really, Xavier?" I groaned. I took his sunglasses and placed them on the coffee table.

"Yes, really, 'mate'." Xavier mocked my British slang with an accent. He threw his head back laughing, I couldn't help myself and laugh too.

Xavier sat down in the living room and rested his head on a soft pillow. His light brown, sometimes appearing as blonde, hair sprawled across the fluffy pillow. He was facing the ceiling fan, pondering and procrastinating to himself and I'm guessing his life decisions as well. I rolled my eyes at the pitiful sight, him muttering curses under his breath at my reaction.

"Why did I choose to major in forensics?" Xavier procrastinated. "I wish I was as smart as you, you're naturally gifted," Xavier whined and rolled to his side.

"You're a senior though, just think of that," I said, eating a cupcake I've gotten for us two days ago. They were sitting in our fridge since none of us had time to eat them.

"I know, I'm just worried about the final exam." Xavier frowned.

"If I knew forensics, I would help," I told him. I sat next to him on the leather sofa and opened my book.

"You want to be a doctor, no? I'm pretty sure you're going to learn this next semester." Xavier chuckled while scanning through his pages in the file.