Chapter 5

Alaric Vitale above

Photo is from Pinterest

——————————————————

A L A R I C   V I T A L E

"I'm convinced you don't sleep," Noah said while leaning into the leather chair, throwing his jacket aside. "But yet another business, it's like you breathe work." Noah emphasized, however judgement laced his deep voice.

I rolled my eyes at his comments and skimmed through documents that needed my signature. I closed the files and handed them to Kayden to send out.

"An expensive University too," Leo chuckled.

Leo got up from the leather seats and walked towards the mini bar of the office. He glanced across the variety of liquor displayed and smiled when his eyes landed on the hard whiskey. He pulled out a few shot glasses and poured himself one. Before he could fill the rest Jackson gets up and yanks the glass away from his hands.

"Don't go fucking wasted we have a job to do," Jackson muttered.

He took the shot of whiskey away from Leo and placed it back on the bar countertop. Leo groaned and shoved Jackson's side, taking the glass back from him.

"Leo, the last thing we need is you drunk again for a job." Noah pointed out.

"Agreed." Jackson pitched in.

Noah stared Leo down until he put the whiskey back. Leo muttered curses under his breath but placed the whiskey down regardless. Jackson smiled in victory and teased him about it. Leo growled and shoved his side, glaring at Jackson.

Noah sighed, mumbling the word 'idiots' under his breath.

"What the fuck are we waiting for then?!" Leo sighed while running a frustrated hand through his dark red hair. His hazel eyes pierce into the whiskey shot that he felt obligated to put down.

"Hunter with the information." Noah chimes in.

"Where is he?" Leo groaned.

"Leo if you keep fucking whining I'm going to shoot your ass, now shut it!" I growled while shoving the documents in the desk drawer. Noah and Jackson laughed as Leo huffs while crossing his arms.

Ever since the whole me killing Greg incident, we've been after other clients that owed me money. Still trying to figure out how some of my clients are disappearing, however Noah suggested we focus on the alive ones. As of now, Hunter was looking at our top clients with the highest tabs. They either ran from as high as one million, to as low as a thousand. Either way, they were in my debt, and I was going to get paid fucking regardless of the method.

Finally, Hunter entered my office with his laptop in one hand.... and a suitcase in another.

"Why do you have a suitcase?" Jackson asked. Leo's attention was averted towards Hunter's direction, his posture perked up at the sight of the suitcase, in other words it screamed 'vacation,' to the redhead.