Chapter 10

~ ¤ Barbarian's Girl ¤ ~

It was night when Kennan and his men made it to where King Maximous was. He was surprised when he realized he was so close yet so far from him. He was at the Palace. That night, once they left, Maximous returned back. Kennan didn't though of that at the beginning but then, thankfully, he did.

He had managed to gather some soldiers to protect himself. Kennan heard that Prince Eric got murdered. He didn't know who killed him but it wasn't him. He couldn't think of someone.

Kennan carefully walked in. He didn't see any soldiers outside making him suspicious, he decidedto leave a couple of them outside, just in case. Once they were in, they heard loud voices coming from upstairs. They followed their voices, they led them to the ball room where two soldiers were guarding the room.

He thought for a minute before he signaled them to be quite. He looked around, trying to find an object or something. He smirked when he saw a glass vase on top of a table. He immediately grabbed it, trying to be quite. Once he had it in his hand, he threw it to the other side of the room.

The guards immediately, looked around, alerted. They exchanged a look before they decided to go to where the sound came from. Kennan and the others quickly hide behind the wall. They approached the broken vase, their hearts beating fast as their hands started shaking in fear.

They passed Kennan without seeing them. Kennan and one more man, sneaked behind them before they wrapped their hands around the other guys neck. They tensed as they shrugged, trying to free themselves. Kennan and Gared, the other guy, didn't let them. They tighten their grips arounds their necks. They couldn't breath and eventually, died from the lack of air.

They dropped their bodies on the floor before they approached the door. Kings Maximous voice was heard from the other side. He looked through the keyhole. Some men were standing with their backs to the door and he could see a figure moving back and forth in front of them.

They had a distance from the door so if they walked in they wouldn't notice them. Kennan carefully opened the door. They didn't hear anything. They kept going in and hid behind the pillars but before they did, they made sure to block the exit, so he won't be able to escape again.

Kennan counted how many they were and they were at least 15 and they were  7. The three of them had bows as weapons. They were really good. They took their bows out with two arrows. They aimed before they shoot, successfully taking six of them out.

They quickly went on alert mode. They , too, hid behind the pillars trying to protect themselves. Maximous was in panic. He looked around terrified as he heard his heartbeat in his ears.

He couldn't find a place to hide as the only place he could hide was the behind the pillars but he couldn't as they was a little battle going.

Kennan managed, with his men help as they covered him, to sneak to Maximous who was too panicked to notice it. Without waiting any longer, he stabbed him with his silver sword in the back.

Maximous breath hitched as pain shoot right through his back. He gasped as he kneeled. Blood was running uncontrollably down his back, painting his white shirt. Kennan stood in front of him looking at him dead in the eye as maximous looked up at him hopeless.

He didn't feel any emotion of guilt nor sadness. He didn't regret anything. He deserve what he got. He justified a lot of families who wanted revenge and justice. He could feel his parents soul now resting in peace. That's all he wanted.

He watched emotionless at the now lifeless body of Maximous. He looked at him for one last time before he turned away. The remained guards were dead. The others were looking quite happy and relieved. Happy at the fact that the man, who murdered their families, was now laying dead.