Chapter 11

~ ¤ Barbarian's Girl ¤ ~

It's been almost two weeks since Maximous death. The news spread quickly and surprisingly, no one was shocked or sad about his death. It was like they expected it to happen sometime. Evangeline was still missing. They made some rumors. Some say she killed herself and some say she run off with another men.

Isabella didn't believe any of them. She had worked enough in the castle to learn what kind of person she was. Evangeline wasn't that kind of person. She wouldn't cheat on her husband even if she didn't love him. She wanted to be honest and fair with him. She would feel bad about his death but not to the point to kill herself. Isabella believed that she is hidden somewhere, alone. She would want to be by herself after her son's and husband's death.

Kennan didn't care at all. He couldn't care less if she was alive or dead. If she was grieving or not. He just wanted to forget about them and everything her husband did to him and everyone.

Isabella wasn't feel good for the past two weeks. She was feeling nauseous and dizzy. She was staying in bed for most of the day. She was also eating more, she would find herself crave for something would be at the edge of crying if she didn't have it.

She would ask for Kennan to bring it to her. He would immediately try to find it when her eyes teared up. He started to get worried when she kept feeling like that, he thought it was just a cold and it would pass but as the days passed and she wasn't feeling any better, he got anxious.

He also felt guilty for not being by her side like he wanted to. He would leave early in the morning again and return late at night, exhausted. Kennan also felt guilty for making her live in a little hole like this, this tend was made for only one person and since he was alone, he didn't care if he didn't live in a house like the others did.

He wanted her to live like a queen.He wanted to provide her whatever her heart desired. A couple of months ago, he had started building a house. It would be for his family but then he just stopped. He started to believe that he wouldn't find a girl that would complete him. He thought no girl would want him with the fame he has but he was wrong.

When his little one came into his life, everything changed. He started finding himself imagine having a family with her. He decided to continue building the house from where he left it. It was almost finished. It took him two weeks to finish it and he was proud of himself. He walked back, wiping his sweat from his forehead before he took a look at his job.

It was old modern, medium house with gray bricks. There was a garden at the back as he though she would like to plant flowers or vegetables there. He grabbed the handle and carefully opened the wooden door. He looked at his right where he had built a wooden kitchen, then his gaze turn to his right where was placed a small living room with two small light gray couches and a small table in the middle. It was small and cozy.

At the corner was builted an old fashion fireplace with frames placed on top. Wooden stairs were in the middle of the kitchen and the living room. There were three rooms upstairs, each one of them had their own small bathroom.

He nodded to himself, satisfied before he left. It was evening now and he was really happy because he could return earlier then he usually would.

On the other side, Isabella woke up a couple of minutes after Kennan left. She immediately jumped out of the bed. She brushed her teeth and threw cold water to her face in a attempt to make her wake up.

She put her clothes on before she left. She stood still for a minute and took a look around her. Small houses were around. Kids were running around, wide smiles and little giggles escaping them. Their parents were lokking at the with soft smiles on their lips.