Chapter 16 (18+)

~ ¤ Barbarian's Girl ¤ ~

Isabella and Kennan decided to get married in a couple of months after she gives birth to their baby. Kenna wanted to marry hre as soon as possible so he could officially call him his wife.

John visited her the other day. They drank some tea while talking. "So, Dad, I have to tell you something." She said seriously she placed her cup on the table. His eyebrow frowned in confusion as she suddenly became serious.

"Is everything ok, belle?" He asked worried.

She nodded her head,"Yeah, everything's fine, don't worry." She reassured him. He signed relieved before he looked at her with curiosity.

"Then, what is it?" He asked her, his attention on her. She took a deep breath before she smiled,"I'm getting married!" She announced enthusiastically.

"You are what?" He asked shaking his head. She giggled.

"I'm getting married, Dad!" She rolled her eyes. He watched speechless. She stared at him, waiting for him to say something. He just stared at her before he blinked a couple of times. She was about to ask him if he was alright when a smile broke on his lips.

He jumped from his sit and hugged her tightly. She smiled as she hugged him back, relieved that he was happy." I'm so happy for you, my sweet belle." He said when he pulled back.

"Thank you, Dad." She thank him before she told him how he proposed to her. John smiled as he heard his daughter talk. She rambled on and on about how cute and sweet he was and how happy she was and couldn't wait to marry him.

He was truly happy for her. She found a man who treated her with respect and love. He could see the love in her eyes and he had seen the way he was looking at his daughter. He really loved her. He trusted Kennan and he knew he would never hurt her. Moments like this remind him of his beloved wife. Everyone told him to move on and find someone else because life continues. He could deny, saying that he wasn't ready for another relationship.

Even though, she died a long time ago but the pain in his heart was still there. That woman was his everything. He could feel like he betrayed her if he moves on. He was happy with how he was now. He had his daughter and soon grandchild. He didn't need anything else.

***

Time passed quickly and Isabella was now one her ninth month. Her belly got bigger and rounder. The baby would always kick. She could feel the baby kicking her. She remembered the first time the baby kicked. It was evening and she sitting on the couch, reading her book. Kennan was in the kitchen, fixing her something to eat since she was hungry.

She was about to turn the page when she felt something kicking her. Her book fell from her hands as she gasped."Kennan!" She yelled. Kennan run in the living room looking alerted,"What's happend? Is the baby coming? Should I call John?" He asked worried as he sat beside her, checking to see if she was alright.

She laughed and grabbed his rough hand. She placed it on her belly while he was looking at her confused. He was about to ask what she was doing when he felt something kick his hand. He stared at her." D-Did the baby k-kick?" He suttert in disbelief before a silly smile formed on his lips. She giggled as she nodded.

He kept his hand on her belly, waiting for another kick." Come on, my baby. One more time. Do it for Dad." He whispered sweetly as he moved his head closer to her belly. He rubbed her belly and waited when the baby kicked again. He laughed and looked up at her, who was looking at him with a loving smile as she was sure he would be a amazing father. Since that day, he would ask her everyday if the baby kicked again. She found his behaviour cute.