Chapter 8

As Shelby walked into the crowded canteen with Alison snd Kelly she noticed the Freshman she had stood up for .

"Hi , it's Amber isn't it., how are you. " "

Hi.  I'm good . Thank you for standing up for me ."She said . "

"No Problem , if anyone give you trouble come and find me. Do you want to join us "

Amber smiled and joined the girls  .
After the girls had got food and sat down at a empty  table, Claire approached them
"Can I have a word Shelby ?" She asked .
"Sure " said Shelby  and they broke away from the others .

" I am sorry for kissing John, the truth is I fancied him and I was jealous he chose you over me. I know now he only has eyes for you."

" Thank you for telling me , I appreciate it."
Said Shelby .

Who is the guy John usually hangs around with ?'" Asked Claire .

"That is Jay , my twin brother . "
"Is he seeing anyone's?" Asked Claire.

"I don't know , i tend to keep out of Jay's love life , do you like him ?"

"Yes , he is kinda sexy ." Said Claire .

"Ew that brother " Shelby said disgusted .

Claire's PoV
Jay was sexy but not as sexy as John, maybe she could make John jealous by flirting or going out with Jay.

Claire then went and joined the popular table next to the jocks.

Alison looked over at the Jocks table where Andy was sat with rest of the Jocks ."
"Has he spoken to you  ?" Asked Shelby ,
"No he hasn't " Alison said looking down ," just then Andy looked over and gave a little wave to Alison . Alison smile
Brian joined the table and noticed Shelby was eating  He looked over at the door where Bender was standing and gave him the thumbs up .

Over on Andy's table Stubbie said to him "where were you on Saturday night , you missed a good party . You should have come you would have got laid ."
"I was knackered after detention and fell asleep . Andy lied.

Out of earshot of the others Claire asked "did you go with the others?"
"Yeah it was a really good night you should have come ."he replied .

Bender had been looking over at Shelby's table , he thought it was really nice of her asking the freshman to join them. He felt relieved that she was eating .

Jay joined him.
"It's okay just making sure the jocks don't bother Shelby,.by the way she is eaten  lunch . " Bender informed him.

"Cheers bro I can't help worrying about her ,are you going for s smoke ?" asked Jay.

"I'll be out in a minute ."he said .

While Jay and the others were outside waiting for Bender Rick turned to Jay and said

"he really cares about Shelby , I know he won't like me telling you this but  when she was really ill in the hospital he used to sneak in there and sit with her for ages talking to her and holding her hand.

"Did you notice he only starting hooking up with loads of girls after she left ,  before he rarely messed around or went out with anyone. The girls he went with were the exact opposite to Shelby . It could be worse she could go ou with some Jock arsehole. At lease with Bender you know he will look after her , he wanted to make sure she was eating . Plus if he messes her about we'll all kick his arse ."

Jay PoV
Jay never knew Bender visited Shelby in the hospital. Rick made a good point just look how he warned the jocks of in English. And then taking on that Stubbie . He really did like her a lot .

Brain passed Shelby the note . Shelby recognised the writing from English and knew it was from Bender instantly. It read 'Babe meet me by the Beachers after school Love J.xx'

As John met up with the others for s smoke . Two dark haired girls walked past and eyed up Jay and Bender , Bender didn't notice . "Which one do you want " asked Jay.

"I am not interested." Replied Bender .

"You must have it bad ". Said Rick.

"What do you think of Brian?" Bender asked .
"He seems like a nice guy , he seems to like your Kelly ." Said Jay .

"That's what I was worried about ." Said John .

"He doesn't look like the type to mess girls about , think they  would make a good couple ."
Bender nodded in agreement .