part 7 what the hell happened?

kamanari POV (last night)
me and shinsou fell asleep in each other's arms but i couldn't help but feel something was off. as i fell to sleep i didn't remember much. i awoke around 3:00 am drowsy and groggy. i stumbled my way to the bathroom. and then.. like a glitch or a spasm in my quirk. i just started to emit electricity off my body. it sprung out in different directions, hitting the mirror and reflecting back at me. i fell to the ground. i couldn't control my quirk and i didn't know why. and like a red string alert to my boyfriend, shin came crashing into the bathroom. i looked at him before blacking out fully.
2 days later.
normal POV (present)
"half of hero school UA's dorms have been completely distracted due to an electrical fire. we still have little information on the conditions of those injured. though, at the moment we can confirm no deaths." the news reporter announced to the camera that broadcasted live to the homes of many.
"and here we have shota aizawa speaking on the matter" the camera panned over to a professional yet worried aizawa.
"yes, it was an unexpected turn of events that we can only hope was a flaw with denki kamanari's quirk and not an intentionally set fire." he spoke monotone as usual.
"alright folks that's all we have to speak on the matter so tune in next week to get updates on the conditions of students"
kiri POV
i sat up and yawned gently before panicking. i didn't know where i was. looked to be a hospital. i looked down at my arms that were bandaged up. i tried to move my left arm but quickly kept still after crying a bit in pain. felt like a burn.. i didn't have my phone and only assumed it was damaged.. but that was the least of my concern
(last night)
i woke up to the smell of smoke and shinsou screaming for help. bakugou was out cold. suddenly a large explosion erupted above us. i tried to push my boyfriend out of the way but i ended up covering him with my body while trying to harden. i felt a fiery wave of explosion hit my back and arms.
"EIJIROU!!" my soulmate screamed as i fell out of  consciousnes.
kamanari POV
i sat up in my hospital bed. i had full recollection of what happened. my boyfriend was asleep at my side. our hands intertwined. i smiled gently before i thought about my friends. i had no idea how sero, mina, bakugo, or kiri we're doing. i texted the group chat.
denki⚡️: hey guys! how are all of you feeling? i just woke up!
mina👽: heyyy i woke up an hour ago. i'm not injured! a little bruise from falling off the bed but i'm ok. they let me go visit sero.
denki⚡️: oh thank god!! how is sero?
mina👽: he's not doing great. he's pretty burned and hasn't woke up yet. i guess he ran in after you and got burned..
denki⚡️: man i'm so so sorry guys. i don't know what happened.
mina👽: don't worry everyone is gonna be ok. how's shin?
denkj⚡️: he's not hurt. he's laying by me now. still asleep.
mina👽: aww cute!! how bout kiri and baku?
denki⚡️: havnt heard from them..
bakugo POV
i rang the bell for the nurse rapidly and waited impatiently for them to come. i just wanted to see ei. i had to know how he was doing. finally a nurse entered.
"hello mr. katsuki bakugo! im nurse Fey how're you feeli-" she started off before i interrupted her
"how long until i'm outta this place?" i place my hand on my face only to notice a large bandage across my cheek. felt like a burn.
"well you aren't too bad but you do have a face injury nonetheless so i'd say about another day or so.." she seemed frustrated that i cut her off but i could honestly have cared less.
i stayed silent, thinking of my next sentence.
"is that all?" she looked at me confused.
"no. is um.. eijirou kirishima awake?" i asked nervously.
"he is." she replied unfazed.
"let me see him" i demanded, some how letting a tear fall down my face. i quickly rubbed it away.
"i'm sorry but he isn't quite in the condition for visitors and you probably should rest a bit for now"
"not in the condition?" i asked slowly. my fiery passion was lost from my voice.
"he's.. pretty injured. to say the least."
she looked down, obviously not wanting to make eye contact with me.
"i..is he gonna... l-live?" i sounded so fucking weak..but i couldn't help myself. the thought of losing him. once your soulmate dies.. that's it. there's no one else. you can date. or try. but no one person will be for eternity. besides, in a couple years there won't be many people without soulmates.
"chances are he'll be okay." she finally looked me in the eyes. a look of sympathy softened her face. she came and sat on a stool by my bed.
"is he your soulmate?" she studied me. like she could relate to the fear behind my eyes.
"..yes" i replied after a small moment of  hesitation. i didn't look up from my lap but i knew she was still looking at me.
"i'll tell ya what kid.." her whole demeanor changed and i looked up.
"i know what you're going through.. i've been there and sadly i got the bad turn of events." she wasn't crying. actually she was smiling. sadly though. i nodded to her.
"i'll let you see kirishima. however if you somehow cause more harm or add stress then you'll have to leave. alright?" i dont know why. maybe kiri made me soft or maybe i was in the moment but i hugged her briefly and actually smiled. she helped me up and led me to his room. we walked in. he sat there looking out the window and his head slowly turned to face us.
"babe.." his voice cracked.
i had no response i just ran over and pressed my lips to his.
the nurse quietly shut the door and left.
"what the hell happened?"
hey sooo a few little things. i changed the sero x denki ship to shinsou x denki because i genuinely like it more. and also i hoped you liked the chapter :)
till next time -gar