part 8 wait a second..

kiri POV
we locked lips as soon as i called to him and it almost felt like i couldn't feel anything. no burns or bruises, no worry or stress. just relief.
"what the hell happened" is the first thing he said after our lips parted.
"i wanna explain everything but i only know bits and pieces... i'm just glad you're ok" i said to him as i gently put my hand to his cheek. he gripped my fingers lightly. his hands were so warm.
i ended up telling him all i remember and he told me what he remembered. we figured out the story pretty fast and were both extremely concerned for kamanari.
"does denki have a phone on him?" it was the first time i had ever heard katsuki call any of our friends by their name, let alone their first name. i could really tell he was concerned for him.
"i don't know. i can't walk much. but you should go check on him." i offered. he shook his head a little before saying:
"i'm not even supposed to be here. i basically begged to see you and i doubt they'd let me see that idiot too." he smiled a little in defeat.
"oh-" i began to speak but i was interrupted with his realization.
"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN YOU CANT WALK" he seemed angry. not at me of course. maybe not at anyone, just the world.
"the burns hurt too bad.. if i move they just sting. chances are i'll be hospitalized for another week." i finally heard my voice and realized how weak and raspy i sounded. but then, in the middle of my thought i saw him crying. he was sitting at the very edge of my hospital bed. and tears were running down is face, trailing onto his neck and soaking the neck of his shirt. i couldn't hug him and it was killing me so i weakly stuck my hand out and touched his leg. he looked up at me and just buried his face into me and cried.
"kat.. what's wrong?.." i've seen him cry. but this was different. he was beating himself up. you could tell.
"yo..you can't move.. or w-walk and it's my fault.." he muttered through tears.
"babe why would you ever believe that any of this is your fault?" i was rightfully confused and very worried.
"b-because my d..dumbass was as-asleep and y-you had to protect me.."
he hadn't ever tripped over his words like this the whole time i've known him.. i loved him so so much. all i wanted was to squeeze him right now.
"ohh noo kat.. you couldn't have helped it. and i don't know what i would have done if the situation was flipped.." i cooed and tried to calm him. he lifted his head to meet my eyes and i kissed the tip of his nose and smiled a little.
"i love you so much katsuki" i almost whispered.
"i love you too.." he closed his eyes and i did too. we both slowly fell to sleep.
bakugo POV
a bang at the door sent me and my soulmate back awake. it better be someone i wanna see. i got up since kiri wasn't able to and sluggishly walked to the door and opened it. only to be bombarded with hugs from two people. mina and kamanari. i would've blasted their faces off but i'd never been so happy to see those idiots. a third stood in the doorway. shinsou. while i was wrapped in the arms of my so called friends i held out my fist and he bumped it lightly. i smiled a bit and pulled away.
"tsh.. idiots." i grunted.
"whatever baku-babes you know you love us!" pinky blurted out and laughed a bit before racing pikachu over to ei who was still really weak but he did look like resting helped. the others realized he couldn't move much so they just kinda sat and chatted.
"hey man, how have the two of you been lately?" brainwash decided to pipe up finally. i didn't know him much and never got along too well with him but i had to admit, he was pretty chill.
"it's been rough. he can't move and he won't admit but i can tell he misses being able to run around and be normal." i rubbed my fingers through my course hair.
"yeah i get that. denki has to stay here for god knows how long. until they figure out what's wrong with his quirk i guess. the two of them are so extroverted" i laughed a little raspy laugh at that. it was true, both our boyfriends were rays of idiotic sunshine.
"you two are.. pretty close huh?" i asked him. gosh he annoyed me sometimes. and kamanari almost more but he was my friend and i still want him to be happy or whatever.
"heh yeah i guess you could say that.. we're soulmates after all." called it.
"ah looks like mina owes me five bucks." that got a rise out of him. we sat in silence, leaning up against the wall just starring at our perfect soulmates. well mine was perfect. his was trying to lick hand sanitizer.
"but you and kirishima? how long have you too been at it?" we didn't make eye contact but i still continued the conversation.
"been at it?" i questioned.
"ya know.." he looked at me and i saw his smug face in my peripheral vision.
my face instantly turned different shades of red. fuckin bastard.
"sh-shut up shi-shithead!! we havnt done anything like that!" i quickly looked everywhere but my boyfriend.
"besides youre one to talk.." i almost mumbled.
"hah yeah you're right but at least i'm not embarrassed about it!" i was a little shocked that electra-bolt had that side to him but i guess we all kinda do.
"he was so innocent until you" i he looked at me dead in the eyes and just simply said,
"i could say the same for you two" i blushed again at the thought of kiri. "it's good that kirishima was strong enough to save you though. i've always liked is quirk." shinsou went on a little about kiri's quirk. soon enough he finally stopped talking and i went to sit by my boyfriend. brainwash stayed leaning against the doorframe almost giving me an odd stare. as i sat down i couldn't help but hear what they were talking about.
"wait so is sero gonna be alright?" kiri was starting to sound really nervous and i quickly determined what was going on.
"the doctors said so, he just needs some IVs or something like that.. i dunno" mina answered. clueless morons sometimes i swear.
"that's good." they all continued making small talk until the squad left and i was finally alone with him.
"i'm glad you got to see everyone.." i whispered as i laid down next to him.
"ya know they were all really worried about you." ouch. that hit a little hard. i'm always so rough on those guys..
"oh.." was all i managed to say.
"i know sometimes you think you're too hard on everyone.. and i guess sometimes it can be a little much but it's one of the things they all love about you. i don't think they'd change a thing even if they could." i looked at his beautiful eyes that resembled mine but with more meaning.
"hey wait a second.." i began.
"yeah, hon'?"
"so kamanari was the one with the messed up quirk.. shinsou was right there with him when it happened, and yet everyone was hurt except him and his boyfriend" kiri's eyes widened..
"oh no.. not this again.." come to think of it.. shinsou was really nosy about my personal life..
"eijirou.. what.."
oiiii i hope you enjoyed >:) maybe i'll update later tonight, maybe not.. we shall see
-gar