Remorse and pain

Y/N's/Springtraps pov

I was walking through the forest with Cinder. We were sent out to go kill off any remaining White fang and Atlas member still alive as well as gather the other maidens. Rumor had it that Ilia and Weiss has formed a small camp for white fang and atlas members alike to stay and seek shelter, rumor also had it that the other maidens were there as well. I still remember everything that she's done. The pain, scars, rape, everything. I feel a hand touch my shoulder. I turn around and it's Cinder. This suit made me almost 8 feet tall not counting the ears so she was reaching quite high. She looked into the eyes of my suit.

Cinder: What's going on?

Springtrap: Nothing...

Cinder: You haven't said anything since we left. Somethings on your mind.

Springtrap: Why do you care? Aren't you evil?

Cinder: Well yes, but no. I work for Salem, but my motives are different.

Springtrap: What are they?

Cinder: Can't say. I'll tell you if you answer my question.

Springtrap/Y/N: Fine... what is it?

Cinder: What's wrong?

I sighed. Telling this to a person that will probably laugh in my face for revealing this kind of stuff will most likely happen. I don't have anything else to lose so I might as well tell her.

Y/N: Do you have time for a story?

Cinder: I suppose.

Me and her sit down. I remove my mask. After I killed Adam on my own, Salem let me have some freedom of my suit. She let me remove the armor when in the castle and the mask when on a mission.

Y/N: It was years ago. I was 14 maybe 15 years old when my parents passed away. My teammates were the cause of it. I had failed a certain mission or competition, Hell if I remember. They didn't listen to my orders like they were supposed to and blamed me for their shortcomings. They burned down my house and insisted that it was just a joke and that they never intended for it to happen and that I should grow up. Weiss didn't help the situation either. She brutalized me, raped me and defended my teammates. One day I just snapped. Got sick of their shit. I made up a lie that we had an extermination mission in the woods and they believed it. Atlas had these machines that they were working on. Exoskeletons that could house a human body in them, making humans have the durability of a robot. The prototypes were unstable, the mechanical locks never stabilized for use. They would let the disappearance of my team and my other victims go unnoticed if I gave them information of the results. As for the three inhabiting my body they suffered a curse. My semblance which let me drain their life force to make myself stronger. Now I serve Salem. Do I like it? No, I don't, but it's the only life I have left. I have no one else and nothing else. My only meaning left in this world is to serve Salem.

I look over to Cinder. She looks as if she's pondering her thoughts. Finally she speaks.

Cinder: Y/N, if you had the option to turn back time would you want to live a normal life?

Y/N: I would. I'd be willing to give up my life for it. Frankly after I killed my teammates I felt so alone and afraid. But I was set on a path of destruction. It was my fate, and I am not allowed to change that. Have you ever heard of a story called 'I awaken'?

Cinder: Yes I have, it's about a man who is betrayed by his loved ones and joins the dark forces to get vengeance. Only to realize that it's not him and turns fate and sacrifices himself to rectify his wrongs. What about that story though?

Y/N: In one of the alternate endings he disobeys fate, he strays off his path and kills everyone. He's left alone. In a dark palace with the only other noises being his condemned parents souls screaming in agony. I don't want to end up like that. I'm tired of being alone. Even though I don't like it. At least I have people to be around with Salem. Plus I can't change fate. This is my world to live. Wether I like it or not. This is my destiny. My fate.

I feel Cinders hand caress my face. Her touch was gentle and calming. A side that I've never seen from her. She looks into my eyes as if she's trying to study if what I just said was true or just false bullshit.

Cinder: Y/N, you know I am the Fall Maiden right? I possess her powers.

Y/N: Yes I do.

Cinder: Legends have it that in each academy there is a ancient relic that when all four are reunited it can summon the gods of remnant. If they deem us worthy and at peace, then we can reset the world.

Y/N: As much as that sounds like a great idea Cinder, one we don't know where the other three maidens are and two Salem and the resistance aren't at peace. We're not unified. It wouldn't work.

Cinder: If you showed them that you've changed that could change everything. If you show great remorse and sorrow in what you've done they just might alter the deal.

Y/N: Even if they did, how are we supposed to find the other relics.

Cinder: We have Raven, rumor has it that both of the maidens are at the resistance camp. If we can convince them then all we have to do is hunt down the relics.

Y/N: Won't Salem notice?

Cinder: Not if we can get the resistance camp to cause a distraction. If we have them target Grimm nest and destroy them, she'll be too side tracked taking care of them while we and the maidens go under the radar to go find the relics.

Y/N: It's a long shot, but this is the only way out. We must act fast. First we should get to the resistance camp and try to recruit them.