*20*

**trigger warnings for suicidal thoughts and a more detailed reference to rape so look out. Seriously.**
Virgil's pov
It had been a few days since what we've referred to as the "incident". And everyone has pretty much forgotten about it as far as I can tell. Except for me and De. I'm starting to wonder if he's the only person who pays attention to me. Roman has been awkwardly avoiding everyone and Patton has just been... sad.
I'm sitting on my bedroom floor, a blade held to my wrist, contemplating my next move, when I hear the knock on my door. I don't know what to think at first, why is someone knocking on my door? De and Logan would just walk in, who else would want me? But when I hear another knock and a quiet "hello?" From the other side of the door, I recognise the voice instantly. No matter how much smaller it is than it should be.
I throw the razor under my bed and mutter for him to come in as I stand to sit up on my bed. Patton walks in, smiling shyly at me whilst closing the door behind him. He looks so nervous. Asking him to sit down, I pat the space next to me and he sits, pulling his shirt down towards his knees as much as he could without stretching the fabric out of shape. Why is he acting so strangely?
He starts talking about one thing or another, but I wasn't really listening. Not until his rambles started to glide towards logan. He seemed to get sadder upon saying his name. As he talked I noticed him glance at the door, as if nervous that he would be caught. Then he asks a question. One that I wasn't expecting.
"Has he ever done anything more.. physical? To you..?" He pulls his shirt down once again, his body language seems to become more defensive as he asks. I look at him, confused.
"Well... yeah. You know that." I reply quietly, giving him a soft look.
"Yeah, I mean I know he's hit you, but.. he..." he looks down at his hands, resting in his lap. "Has he ever done anything.. y-you know... more..." he looks up to my face, though I noticed, very stubbornly avoiding my eyes. He spoke then, eyes shining with unshed tears with tears as he said, with such raw pain in his voice, "...dirty?"
It takes a couple of seconds. He stares at me, the pure, unshown emotion clear on his face, before he breaks down. All at once, the wall that Patton had been trying to hold around himself turned into rubble, tears falling freely, sobbing, shoulders shaking, hands covering his eyes. He pulls his legs up to his chest, and pulls his shots down furiously again. It's heartbreaking. I reach to place a hand on his shoulder, but he flinches away, grabbing his own shoulders, pulling in on himself, a wet cry slipping from his lips. I mutter a quiet apology, though it goes unnoticed. Waiting for him to calm down takes a while, but I'm willing I stay here with him as long as he needs.
When he did calm down, he stared at his lap, pulling his shirt down once again. He sniffed, wiping his nose with his shaky hand. For a few minutes it was quiet.

"I'm sorry Virgil-" He begins, but I don't let him finish. Giving him a sympathetic grin, i say,
"Hey. It's fine. Don't apologise, okay? Do you... wanna explain what happened..?"
He nods his head slightly, as he lets go of my hands and crosses his legs on my bed. Looking at his the empty bed next to him, he begins to explain.
"I.. he knows that I don't.. I don't like to do all... that, at night. He's always understood! But... he got so angry, Virgil..." Patton began to tear up again, wiping his hands along his eyes to dry the beginnings of tears. "I didn't know what to do, it- it was so fast, I didn't... I didn't want to... t-to..." He sniffed, looking up slightly, but flinched his eyes back to his lap immediately, mumbling an apology. I hadn't even realised that I'd let my face become taken over with anger. I told him quickly that it was logan I'm angry at, and he nodded in understanding.
"When did this happen, Pat?"
"Uh.. maybe an hour ago..?" He looks away, like a toddler who knows he's done something wrong, and that breaks my heart in so many ways. I pull him into another, tight hug.
"It's going to be okay." I said softly, but I knew I didn't believe it myself.

What's up fuckers am I back from the dead or are you gonna have to wait until 2021 for the next chapter?? I don't fucking know but this is a big ass vent have fun folks