Chapter 7

Dean's POV

We arrived at a warehouse. We'd decided it would be the safest place to summon this thing as the place was heavily warded. I was slumped on a table, impatiently swinging my legs back and forth. "You sure you did the ritual right?" I complained, earning a look of annoyance from Bobby.

I just threw my hands up in front of me. "Sorry," I joked.

All of a sudden, there was a loud rattling noise on the roof. "Any chance that could be the wind?" I realised how ridiculous that sounded when the lights began to explode. We quickly grabbed our guns and the doors began to slowly creek open, revealing a tall stern man in a beige trench coat. We immediately held our guns up and began shooting. The bullets pierced the man's body but they didn't seem to slow him down. He just kept walking, as though nothing were even hitting him. When I finally realised the guns were ineffective, I decided to try the demon knife. As he edged closer, I slowly crept backwards, gripping the knife in my hand.

"Who are you?!" I growled.

He stopped and looked at me for a moment. "I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition."

"Yeah, thanks for that," I said before plunging the blade into his chest. But to my misfortune, the weapon had no effect, just like the bullets.

I quickly stepped away and he secured his hands around the handle of the knife and effortlessly removed it from his chest, dropping it to the floor. Suddenly, Bobby lunged forwards and attempted to attack him from behind. But despite his efforts, he was still unable to hurt the creature. He grabbed Bobby's weapon and pressed his finger to his forehead, sending him plummeting to the ground.

Once he was finished with Bobby, he turned and looked at me. "We need to talk Dean...alone."

***

I crouched down beside Bobby to check that he was still breathing. Who knows what that thing could've done to him.

"Your friend's alive." I heard a monotone voice say.

"Who are you?!" I yelled angrily.

"Castiel."

"I mean what are you."

"I'm an Angel of the Lord," he said flatly.

Was he serious? Angels didn't exist. "Yeah okay. Try again."

"I don't understand."

"Angels. There's no such thing."

"This is your problem Dean. You have no faith."

All of a sudden, luminous white light flashed through the room and it was quickly followed by a loud booming, which shook the building. As the lightning flashed and the thunder roared, I noticed a shadow emerge from behind Castiel. It appeared to be forming into the shape of wings...angel wings. However, I was still certain that he was evil.
"Some angel you are. You tried to kill me and my friend!" I scoffed.

He shot me a look of confusion. "Friend?"

"Yeah! You almost killed us!"

"I apologise. My real voice can be...overwhelming to humans."

"Wait, so that was you talking?!"

He just nodded.

"Yeah well next time, lower the volume."

"That was my mistake. Certain people-special people, can perceive my true visage. I thought you would be one of them. I was wrong."

"So what visage are you in now, huh? What, holy tax accountant?"

"This? This is...a vessel."

"So you're possessing some poor bastard?!"

"It was his will. He actually prayed for this."

Was he for real?! As if anybody would want this. "I'm not buying what you're selling. So who are you really?"

He frowned. "I told you."

"Yeah okay. Now why would an angel rescue me from Hell?"

"Good things do happen Dean."

I shook my head in disagreement. "Not in my experience."

He looked at me with an expression of curiosity. "What's the matter?" He paused for a moment before speaking. "You don't think you deserve to be saved."

"Why'd you do it?"

"Because God commanded it. Because we have work for you."

***

a/n
Okay so it's finally here!! Sorry for the wait. It was just taking me sooo long to try and find the right words aha. If you're liking the story, please vote. Enjoy!