Chapter 35

RECAP:

"I did find out something else however" he says

"What?" I ask

"Darren is planning on attacking in two weeks" he says "A war is coming, and we'd better be ready"

We sit in silence digesting what Xavier just said when a growl rips through Octavius. He sits up seeming to be on high alert his nose high in the air sniffing.

As the door opens he growls out one word

"Mate"

~•~•~•~•~•~•

It's crazy how one word can change your whole life

Oddly enough, for most werewolves. The word is 'mate'

It was no different for Octavius Grayson Valiante.

Being a guy of a lavish and scandalous lifestyle.

Strong, immortal, handsome, rich. He had women falling at his feet. He even told me once that he doesn't want a mate because she'd mess with his life, his 'system' and he didn't want to find her for another 10 to 20 years.

Well unfortunately for him it's mate season.

The door flies open and someone walks in. Someone with a very familiar scent.

Alexa

I turn and there my sister stands. I had no idea she was coming, and we spoke just last night. Why didn't she tell me? We've been speaking every night since I've gotten here. We're as thick as thieves.

"Lexa" I yell and jump up to tackle her with a hug when suddenly I'm pulled back by strong arms into an even stronger chest

Based on the explosions going on in my stomach and all the tingles on my skin, it's my mate.

"Don't" he says right next to my ear, his stubble from having not shaved in a few days tickling me "Don't get between mates on their first meeting"

"What? That's my sister!" I say

"Yes beautiful" he says and I'm trying to ignore the way his low, husky voice is making me feel but it's very difficult "It is your sister, and I brought her here because I knew how much you missed her,amongst other things. However, I remember when I first met you and that pup you call a best friend stood in my way. All I wanted to do was rip him apart. Limb. For. Limb. I somehow managed to contained myself, my brother doesn't have the same self restraint that I do. He might attack you, and if he does I'm going to have another dead family member on my hands for I will have no control over what I do to him"

Oh right! When mates first meet, they need to lock eyes and then they need to sniff each other.

"Fine" I say and cross my arms

Octavius walks over to my sister and looks at her like she's not real. Likes she's a porcelain doll that might break if he touches her.

If he rejects her because he feels he wants to wait or is not ready for her, I'm going to make his blood boil and make him explode from the inside out.

No one hurts my sister.

Brother-in-law or not.

He grabs her and kisses her

Woah! Wasn't expecting that.

"Whoooo heyyyyyyyyy" Jason, Tirique and Tyson yell like the immature idiots they are "Get some!"