Chapter 20 1/2

Teresa Lancaster-Sheffield

London

The party was fun and extravagant. But Teresa was busy looking for someone. Some asshole as she said it. She was expecting him to attend. Every time a new guest arrived, she would look at the gates and observe faces to see if he has arrived. She was angry and frustrated. Then he arrived, a brunette that had brown eyes.

She stomped towards the boy. "Asshole!" she cursed as her palm met his cheek. "Why did you desert me during the wedding?! I needed you there," she asked.

"Sorry but I had to buy your husband's company," he explained.

"Stephen you ass hole- what did you just say?"

"I bought his company because it was bankrupt and I think you might need it someday," he explained.

"Okay, this is enough. I always wanted to do this again," she pulled the collar. Teresa connected her lips into Stephen's and they kiss. He kiss back as Newt and Thomas made speech how they appreciate and met each other. "I think I love you again."

"Okay, I love you too," he answered. He dipped Teresa and connected lips again as fireworks burst in the background igniting different colours in the dark skylight.

Teresa pulled back from the kiss and went to get some drinks for herself and the boy he was with. The boy who made her feel important again. The boy he left for an idiot. The boy she loved and still.

"Auntie Av, what's that?" she asked at the older woman holding a piece of paper which looks like an investigation report. Teresa carefully examined the paper and saw something that shocked her. 'Thomas O' Brien, the son of Vince O' Brien'. Her eyes widened. "Auntie, you know who exactly that is?" She knew who Vince O' Brien was, she was only making sure.

"Yeah, nobody else," Ava answered emotionless. "The trillionaire Vince O' Brien of Monaco."

"You know Aunt Ava how rich they are? They just let billions of dollars laying around their lawn, they're richer than us, that means-" she was cut by Ava shushing her.

"We keep this a secret okay? It's not the right time," Ava said fearlessly and very commanding. Teresa responded with a nod and left to go back to Stephen. She came back to Stephen and they kiss again after she hands him his drink.

END OF BOOK ONE