- 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘯𝘦

❝ free ice cream!

✶ ✶ ✶

[ a girl is introduced to some new friends and also comforts an old one ]

new friends and also comforts an old one ]

THE DAY OF THE FUNERAL

JOHANNA IVERS, STANLEY URIS, AND TABBIT, ARE TALKING QUIETLY OFF FROM THE GROUP OF DEPARTING FUNERAL GOERS. Mary had let Johanna hang out at the diner she had owned. This was where Johanna and Stan had met a year ago. Stan had been a regular, and struck up conversation with Johanna any time he could. Over time he cracked her hard exterior, and the two got close. Soon, Stan had brought his friend Bill with him. The diner was also where she had met Mike Hanlon.

Johanna had been standing in the back of the crowd, trying to keep her cool during the service. She was sitting in the grass and petting Tabit to keep her calm. She didn't want to burst into tears, and cause a scene while everyone was grieving. "There's some people I'd like you to meet. They're really nice." Stan states, giving the girl a comforting smile. But she could see right pass the gesture. Stan was worried about the girl. She had made only two friends -- Bill Denbrough and Mike Hanlon -- and refuses to talk to anybody, and that didn't help the rumors spreading about the Ivers girl, and what happened with her family. And how she ended up living with a cushy family.

"Puh-People?" She stammered, instantly getting a nervous feeling. She gripped Tabit's leash tightly in her hands.

"Yes, people! Now come on, Bill will be there." Stan said, gently directing the shy girl towards the group of boys.

Johanna was nervous and was only one stammered sentence away from an anxiety attack. She raked her eyes over the boys. There was a smaller boy, who looked to be about her age, maybe younger. He was wearing black trousers and a white button up shirt. The next boy she recognised to be Bill Denbrough, one of her close friends. He was a tall and lanky boy, he also had a stutter like Johanna, which made the two close. He wore black trousers, only a blue shirt instead of white. She moved her brown eyes to meet ones that were behind thick rimmed glasses. This boy was taller, like Bill. His dark hair was unkempt and curly, framing his face. He was cute.

Her eyes lingered on his before looking at Stan. "Okay, guys, this is Johanna. She's the girl I told you guys about." Stan said, smiling at his friends. Johanna glared at him for talking about her. She didn't wanna seem like anyone special. She turned her attention back to the boys. First to introduce themselves was the smaller boy. "Hello, I'm Eddie Kasbrak, it's nice to meet you." He said giving the brunette girl a warm friendly smile. She just smiled and nodded in return, trying to avoid the dreaded speaking. She moved her eyes to the boy with the glasses. "And, I'm Richie Tozier, better get used to the name babe, you'll be screaming it soon enough." Richie winked. Tabit felt the change in her mood and let out a small growl at the boy.

Johanna felt her cheeks heat up. 'Yeah, sure buddy. Whatever helps you sleep at night' she thought. She looked down hiding her reddened cheeks. "Richie, she's my friend!" Stan said, hitting the boy on the head. The dark haired boy looked at him with angry eyes. "Yeah, so? Doesn't make her any less hot." Richie commented looking back at Johanna, she averted her gaze from him.

"Anyways, Johanna, You know Bill." Stan continued, ignoring Richie. Johanna smiled at the brunette boy.

"H-Hello, Johanna. It's nice to suh-see you ah-again.." He greeted moving closer to the girl, hugging her. Once they parted she smiled at the boy, nodding her head to him. He then bent down to greet the corgi sitting beside the girl. "And I-I-I can't f-forget Tabit!" He said smiling.

Richie looked at the girl, furrowing his eyebrows. The latter of which just stared with cold brown eyes. "She's a real chatterbox, isn't she."

"She's a mute, you insensitive prick." Stan said flatly, correcting the latter.

"Bet I could make her squeak." He said flatly, looking Johanna up and down.

"I-I'd like to s-see you try, ah-asshole." She said furrowing her eyebrows, this kid is annoying. She clenched the leash tighter, wrapping it around her hand.

"Sorry about him, he'll flirt with anything that moves." Eddie said, patting her shoulder. She nodded, giving Richie one last dirty look before turning to Stan. "I'm guh-going to visit, my puh-parents." She said, turning away from the boys. She would love to get out of the situation as fast as she could. She pulled Tabit behind her, trying to escape. Stan nodded, watching the girl and her dog walk off.

"Isn't she the girl that killed her parents?" Eddie asked once Johanna was out of earshot. "Did some weird shit like cut them up into a stew, or something?" Eddie continued not noticing the glares from the two boys. Stan looked to him and shook his head, elbowing him. Bill shook his head, "She did-didn't kill them. Th-that's just a st-stupid rumor." Bill said looking toward the smaller boy. Richie watched her figure as she walked. He wasn't lying when he said she was hot. She was more than hot in his eyes. And watching her turn red because of something he said was his new favorite pastime.

A YEAR LATER, JUNE 1989

"I JUST COULDN'T DO IT, ANNE. AND HE WAS JUST SCREAMING AT ME." MIKE HANLON COMPLAINED TO HIS FRIEND. She placed a hand on his shoulder, rubbing circles into the fabric of his shirt. Tabit laid her snout on the boy's thigh, trying to cheer him up. "He said that I needed to take more responsibility, he even tried to pull the 'your dad did, why can't you?' card." Mike said, resting his head in his hands. She rested her arm around his shoulders. The shifting weight caused the old bench to creek under their weight.

Johanna looked down at her friend with sad eyes. His grandfather always put so much pressure on him to be exactly like his father. Something Johanna couldn't stand about the older man. "I-It's al-alright Mike. Just be-because you can't k-kill a sheep does-doesn't make you any less uh-of a person. I-I thi-think it's good yuh-you can't blindly k-kill." Johanna jokes, rubbing his back. Mike was one of the few people Johanna felt comfortable enough to talk in front of.  He chuckled, sitting up straight. He looked over at his friend. "I guess you're right, thanks, Johanna." He smiled at the girl. He leaned in to hug the girl.

The two had known each other since Johanna had moved to Derry. The two had bonded over their shared orphanage. She didn't understand why the boy was bullied, he was sweet, and kind. And just a lovely person all around. But, that's not something people at Derry Junior high take kindly too. He was an outsider, they both were.

"How ab-about w-we go f-for ice-cream? I-I don't ha-have to be at suh-school until 7:30. W-We c-can stop by th-th-the diner." Johanna suggested, standing up in front of the boy. He stood as well, linking arms with her. "That sounds amazing, Anne. I'll pay." He offers and the girl nods.

"Wh-who can re-refuse free ice-cream?"

<< mabrie has entered the chat room >>

hey loves! so how are y'all enjoying it so far? any early warning signs that i need to fix?