Freedom

Ironwood: come here you little shit! *grabs y/n by the hair and begins to wail on y/n* now you stay in your room. *grumbles* little fucking mistake.

Y/n could only hide and cry before Soldiers bust through the door and point their guns at Ironwood.

Commander Colt: you are under arrest for child abuse and disorderly behavior in the field.

Glynda: thank you Commander Colt, I will be taking custody of MY son and you will be in an Atlas stockade.

Ironwood: you will not take my punching bag from me! *rushed towards Glynda with his pistol drawn*

Colt pulls the trigger and stuns Ironwood knocking him unconscious.

Colt: drunk Bastard... alright the kid's yours Goodwitch.

Glynda looks for y/n all around the house and barely hears his sobbing. She opens the closet that y/n was hiding in.

Glynda: come to mommy dear *y/n slowly moves towards his mother and she pulls him into a hug* mommy's here little one, there's nothing to fear anymore.

Y/n could only cry into his mother's clothing as he tightly hugs Glynda. He feels his mother moving her hands up and down his back.

Y/n: is *sniff* the *sniff* bad *sniff* man gone?

Glynda: yes, the bad man is gone. He will never hurt you again.

Glynda picks y/n up and carries him to the Bullhead outside. She sets him down on a bed and the Bullhead arrives at a Vale hospital.

Dr. Ludwig: alright let's put him on a gurney and put him through surgery. Mrs. Goodwitch we need to remove the glass and bullet from his body.

After 4 grueling hours of surgery

Dr. Ludwig: well Mrs. Goodwitch, you may see your son.

Glynda rushes into the room and looks at her son's face.

Dr. Ludwig: your son is very strong, he must love you a lot to try so hard to live. I'm surprised he pulled through, a surprise to be sure but a welcome one.

Glynda: thank you so much Dr. Ludwig, I appreciate everything you've done for me.

Doctor Ludwig: you are a member of my family even though you are only a cousin. I don't want Y/n playing with glass anytime soon.

Glynda: alright, can I be alone with him?

Dr. Ludwig: you don't need to ask. *leaves Glynda with y/n laying on the hospital bed, unconscious*

After several weeks

Y/n wakes up to see his mother sitting next to him, his voice weak but clear.

Y/n: m-mommy...

Glynda stirs from her sleep to see y/n awake, and she smiles walking over and hugging him lightly as to not cause too much pain.

Glynda: hey little cub, how's my little guy doing?

Y/n: *strained voice* I'm ok m-mommy, is Daddy gone?

Glynda: yes, He's gone forever. He can't hurt you anymore.

Another few weeks later

They let y/n out of the hospital after he was healed. He held Glynda's hand as they walked to a bullhead. They were headed to their new home, a house in Vale.

Glynda opens the door to the house and says...

Glynda: all this place needs is a little cleaning up and it will look as good as new. *receives a call from Ozpin* I've got to take this, just take a look at the house.

Glynda walks outside to talk to Ozpin on her scroll. Y/n walks around the house looking at the walls.

Y/n: *thinking* wow this place is nice to a degree.

Glynda: *walking inside and finding y/n walking around* so how do you like it so far?

Y/n: *looking at his mother* it's ok.

Glynda: that's good.

They walk into the bedroom and fall asleep on the king sized bed.

The next day

Y/n wakes up in his mother's arms. He squirmed trying to get out. He only manages to his mother to squeeze him tighter.

Y/n: M-mommy, you're squishing me...

Glynda wakes up and loosens her grip on her son. She get up and prepares a bath for y/n.

Glynda: come on y/n, time to take a bath.

Y/n: yay!

Y/n walks into the bathroom and tries to take his clothes off before his mother walks in and helps him. Once Glynda finished undressing herself and y/n, she placed him in the tub with her and gave him a bath. She scrubbed his arms and under them. This made sure his arms were clean and that armpits won't stink. After she was done, she scrubbed his face with a soapy washcloth.

Y/n: *spitting because the soap got into his mouth*

Glynda: now y/n, don't eat the soap or you'll get very sick.

Y/n: I'm sorry mommy.

A few minutes later

Glynda and y/n get dressed and head out the door.