12. Or else you wouldn't be here sitting alone

Ivy's POV

One week after Riverdale High's absorption of its Southside counterpart, and everything was the same. And nothing was the same. Meanwhile, the town was preparing to honor its founding father, General Augustin Pickens. 

"Mister Jones, eyes up front", the history told my cousin, it was Cheryl's turn to hold an oral exam and right in this class I missed Southside High. 

"Thank you, Misses Haggly. As I was saying, each year, we honor the memory of General Pickens. Yet a few know the truth, that it was my great-great.grandpappy, who bankrolled General Picken's settlement of an Eden along the river of Sweetwater, where maple trees grow taller than the steeples of Europe's grandest cathedrals which is why, every year, I petition the mayor's office to rename Picken's day", Cheryl said while showing us serval pictures. 

Finally, the school bell rang making everyone sigh in relief. 

"Thank you for that, Cheryl. Mister Jones, we look forward to your oral history report next week", Misses Haggly said. 

Jug and I walked out together and he told me to follow him to his friends, apparently Betty had news and for some reason, I needed to listen to them too.

*

Turns out Betty has a lost brother, that was some tea I was into. 

"Well he is very fetching for someone who was living on skid row", Veronica said as Betty showed us some pictures. 

"Yeah, he's a hottie who looks incredibly familiar to me by the way", Kevin murmured. "Your adventures in the woods?", I asked knowing all the drama that had happened here, probs of being friends with Kevin Keller the gossip girl.

"Maybe if we were allowed to meet this hottie in person-", Veronica started but was cut off by Betty, "Chic is still acclimating. And I'm trying to get him to trust me, but my mom is treating him like he's a 10-year-old, and my dad's acting like he's the devil's spawn".

"Well, I have an amazing idea. Bring the omen to Picken's Day and we can all meet him. Everyone's coming right?", Veronica asked making Jughead and I exchange looks. 

"No, because the Serpents weren't invited", Jughead said. 

"The Serpents were specifically invited". "Yeah, to provide security", I explained. 

"Like we're all on Snowpiercer train, but the Serpents are eating the cockroaches", Jughead said and got up.

"You don't have to work if you don't want to", Veronica said. "The damage, as they say, has already been done. I'll talk to you guys later", Jug said walking towards Toni. 

"Plans with Toni?", Betty asked. "Oh yeah, I'm interviewing her grandfather for my oral history report. Oldest living Serpent", Jughead explained. 

"Chill out ponytail, Toni is gay", I chuckled. "You sure?", "One hundred percent", I chuckled and got up as well, "See you losers later". 

*

"Babe, I don't want to go to that lame-ass festival", Sweet Pea groaned as we were cuddled up in his bed. 

"Come on, I want some cotton candy", I smiled. "You're such a little child", he chuckled. 

"Maybe I am, maybe I'm not", I smiled sweetly. "God, I'm so glad you moved here", he smiled. "Me too". 

"Oh my god do you know what I've found?", he asked and slipped out of the bed making me sit up. 

Sweet Pea went over to his closet and pulled out a black box and got a couple of pictures out. He laid them down in front of me sitting back down.