26. Don't look back

Ivy's POV

"Dad?", Jug said waking up from his deep sleep. The last night was a blur, it had been the riot of the century and I had no clue how I was still alive.

"Jug", I smiled looking at the bruised up boy. his bruises were even worse than ours were.

"What did I miss?", he smiled trying to make a joke.

"What you did, brought every Serpent out of the woodwork. You would have been proud, it looked like we were gonna win, but in the end, there were just too many Ghoulies. It was like shooting snakes in a barrel", I mumbled still slightly traumatized.

"Why? Why did you go?", Jug asked.

"To avenge you", I explained. "I had an agreement with Hiram", Jug argued.

"There was no stopping them or your cousin, they were churned up about you and Fangs. Even though Fangs", FP started explaining. "He's alive", I smiled, we got the call right after the riot stopped.

"Fangs is alive?", Jug asked excited, "But I thought a deputy told you he was dead?".

"Yeah that was a lie", FP sighed. "A ploy, you mean. To go the Serpents into a fight they couldn't win. All of Riot Night was a Hiram Lodge-orchestrated mousetrap. The Serpents followed me into it", Jughead mumbled.

"Sunnyside Trailer Park fell. Our trailer's still standing but most of them burned", FP explained. "Jug, after the rumble, some of the Serpents defected. They joined the Ghoulies others were arrested, more went into hiding. The rest they left town", FP lied, "The Serpents, they don't exist anymore. We had our time, nothing for you to do but to get better and to be there for Betty".

"Betty? What happened with Betty?", Jug asked concerned but he didn't know that Betty's dearest father was the Blackhood himself.

*

The next week at school I saw how Reggie had his arm wrapped around Josie's shoulders making me roll my eyes.

Ever since riot night, we hadn't really talked and I honestly didn't feel any need to. He called me names after thinking he was my best friend and for once wouldn't leave me.

"This is how it ends?", Jug asked referring to the note Weatherbee gave us. He still didn't know that the Serpents being dead was a lie, FP wanted him to get better before he went on those crazy adventures again.

"Not with a whimper, but a memo from Weatherbee", he chuckled. "Riverdale High is suddenly overcrowded. Starting next week, former Southside High students will be bussed to Seaside high", Toni explained.

"Which is two hours away", I added.

"Meaning he blames us for trashing the school during riot night", Sweet Pea groaned. "Well, to be fair Sweet Pea, you did", jughead said calmly.

"You really did", I chuckled.

"What's our plan? Do we have one?", Sweets asked.

"I don't know, we can't keep fighting for a gang that doesn't exist", Jughead sighed. "What about us? Or the other Serpents at the Wyrm?", Toni asked.

"What Serpents at the Wyrm?", Jug asked confused.

*

The four of us made it to the Wyrm, which was crowded by Serpents and their sleeping bags. "I don't understand", Jughead sighed even though I explained it to him on the way here.

"You saw what the Ghoulies did to most of Sunnyside", I told him. "A lot of the Serpents couldn't afford to leave Riverdale", Sweet Pea added, "So we came here".