19. When are you gonna realize that you're not alone on this earth?

Ivy's POV

The next day at school there was a meeting of the teams that ran for student body president. I sat with the Serpents obviously. 

"Now just a reminder, this School Hall is a PTA sponsored event. Oh! We have our first question", Alice smiled as I raised my hand. 

"Yeah, no offense to the current administration, but it feels like no one's looking out for the students being bused in from the Southside. Will that change?", I asked.

"Absolutely, Ivy. It's our priority. No one should be marganilazied or excluded", Jughead smiled. "Jughead and I will be representing all students, North and Southside alike", Betty smiled and I could tell Alice was getting frustrated so she picked the next student. 

"Next question. Midge".

"My question is for Archie and Veronica. Your parents will soon be on opposite sides of the mayoral election. Won't that negatively affect your working relationship?", the cute brunette asked. 

"Archie and I adhere to the old maxim, politics are never discussed at the diner or the cafeteria table", Veronica joked making everyone chuckle except the Serpents since we were still pissed.

"Veronica and I are on the same page, including her family's plans for prison", Archie added making everyone boo, low move carrot head.

"In the meantime, we're committed to improving life at Riverdale High. More extracurriculars-", Veronica ranted but was cut off by Josie who was running with Reggie, don't even ask me.

"Reggie and I agree, except add the fact that we can, and will, deliver results", Josie said. "And we're chill unlike these guys", Reggie smirked winking at me making everyone chuckle including the Serpents.

After the election, I quickly talked to Reggie and went home with the rest of my family plus Betty.

The love birds sat on the couch while I sat on the kitchen counter eating snacks with FP as he got a phone call and all I could hear was a muffled woman's voice.

"Easy, Alice, hold on. Turn to Channel 8", FP told Jughead and Betty, I jumped down from the kitchen counter and stood next to him. 

"It's not yet known how or when the car first entered the swamp but could have not been ruled out", the man in the news explained and showed a video where they pulled the car of the man Chic killed out of the river. 

Looks like I might go to jail after all.

*

The next morning we sat at Pop's and with me I mean, Betty, Jughead, FP, Alice, and I. A lovely reunion if you ask me.

"We should have known better. I should have known better, we should have driven that car out of town", Jughead mumbled. 

"No, you couldn't have known Junkyyard Steve drags the swamp for people's castoffs. It's dumb luck", FP sighed. "It's Jones luck you mean", Jughead muttered. 

"Chic should be here, he brained the guy", FP argued. "Don't worry about chic", Alice snapped. 

"Normally, I'd disagree, worry about Chic but he doesn't know about the car", Betty explained. "We wiped the thing clean of prints", Jughead added.

"Wearing gloves?", FP asked. "I think so", "I'm pretty sure", the couple said. 

"What do you mean you think so?", FP asked almost annoyed. "No we 100 percent were", Betty said, on cue Sheriff Keller walked into the crowded diner. 

"If anybody comes asking, we don't know anything. Don't talk to anyone, act like everything's normal", I told the four others.

"Including you coming home, so you're not with a bunch of Serpents", Alice said making us Jones roll our eyes.