3rd of July. Summer. Konoha Academy. Science.

He comes back up the stairs with a large plastic bag slung over his shoulder like how he'd carry his school-issued satchel bag, for all of the days that your class doesn't have P.E. Grumpy is written all over his face as he slumps beside you, dropping the bag full of food in between his and your hip. Well, he usually carries an expression of neutral displeasure but you can tell that he's grumpy by how loud he was stomping up the stairs.

By the time he returns, the lollipop in your mouth has already been reduced to nothing but a pearl the size of your pinkie.

"Mobbed by your ever loyal fans?" You laugh, gesturing at his less than stellar expression. You tuck your phone away into your skirt pocket. Nothing much to see online, just lots of articles about how well your father is doing in his rallies. Sure, you want him to succeed in whatever he's doing but-

"You think?" Sasuke scoffs and rolls his eyes, then proceeds to pull out something that looks suspiciously like a Hermès scarf from his pant pocket, "Turn around. You're going to ruin your hair with that cheap thing."

You jerk your hand behind your head to touch your ponytail, feeling a little defensive because yes, Sasuke did indeed call your scrunchie a cheap thing, "What d'you mean by cheap thing. It has sentimental value-"

"And who exactly bought that for you?" Comes his only response, his dark onyx eyes look almost predatory, "Just turn around already. Eat this in the meantime." He digs through the bag of food and tosses a wrapped sandwich onto your lap. A roasted beef sandwich from the cafeteria. Which, considering it's a school for really rich kids and kids whose blood runs deep, it's a sandwich that costs about 4000 yen. Tax included.

Spending big money like that on food when that was your allowance for an entire month for most of your middle school life still doesn't sit well with you.

You'd always randomly pick a magazine and leaf through it, only to see what's in that season. There's less guilt. Less shame in it that way. Spending all your blood-money to put up appearances for the public. Fresh blood. New blood. Nouveau riche.

There's always a certain amount of pluckiness and confidence that you'd have to fake to assimilate with the rest of the kids in Konoha Academy. So that you don't feel out of place, like you've always been one of them.

But back to Sasuke's question. Who bought that for you? Simple enough, it's-

You swallow the small lump that's forming in your throat with relative ease, your breath quivering for just a second before you position yourself so that your back is facing him. With an unsure expression on your face, you peel the sandwich free out of it's plastic shell and begin to nibble on it. If only to sate your ever present hunger.

Sasuke hooks a finger around the band that's keeping your hair secure and pulls it off. Slowly, gently as if he's being very careful to not damage or ruin your hair in any way. The wind hits the nape of your neck, giving you temporary relief from the summer heat before the locks of your hair cascades from his fingers and down your back.

The feather-light kisses of his grazing fingertips against your bare skin distracts you from savouring the complete experience from enjoying a 4000 yen sandwich as he works on pulling most of your hair into a neat bundle on the back of your head, leaving some hair on the sides for you to arrange into a something cute later.

The texture of the beef as it melts against your mouth is almost euphoric but the tugging sensation on your scalp pulls you back to reality.

His skillfulness at handling your hair just makes you think that he's more experienced in the art of hair-tying than he lets on.

擬似的な Quixotic || High School AU || Naruto || Kakashi x Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें