1-Curiouser and Curiouser

I knocked on the door. No one answered. I sighed slumping over, exasperated. Of course the cars not in the driveway. I used my key getting in. Taking off my shoes at the door I began walking upstairs.

"Lydia I'll be here for spring break my parents are on a trip!" I yelled hoping for a response. Nothing! My heart raced worried. I should have noticed sooner! I bit my lip. Please be here! I ran up the stairs faster my feet pounding against the mahogany steps.

I reached the door and panted. Suddenly a cold chill rushed past me. I stood up and yelled shakily my voice heavily cracking.

" Lydia Deetz don't make me come in there! I'm gonna count to three! One! Two! Fuck it!" I kicked open the door panting. My eyes widened seeing her sobbing on her bed with two people beside her. I ran up to her.

"Y/n w-what are you doing here !?" She yelped. Her eyeliner stained her cheeks.

"I was worried." I panted smiling. She chuckled briefly. "Also I'm staying here for a break. But who are they?" The couple turned to me in confusion but smiled.

"Oh y/n! Meet the Maitelands! Adam and Barbara meet y/n." They waved as did I. Barbara smiled giddily in a motherly way. I chuckled.

"Hi y/n were ghosts!" I briefly stopped not exactly believing this but Lydia explained. They were the previous owners of the house but died in said house, and due to a few events they're stuck with the new owner. That being Lydia.I furrowed my brows in slight disbelief. 

"What a... sunny disposition." I smiled awkwardly . I felt bad for them but I'm glad someone else cares about her.

"You can say that again babes." I yelped at the sudden gruff and husky voice.