18. Inqusistion

A/N: I'm so sorry about this coming out late! I got injured last week but that's no excuse! I just gotta try harder.

Y/n POV:
Waking up I looked around me, as sunlight seeped in amongst the room from the window. Stretching out my back I stood wandering over to my dresser slipping on my clothes after shedding my pajamas. Smoothing out the wrinkles of my shirt I gave myself the once over looking at my reflection. Behind me in the mirror say a sleeping Beetlejuice. I smiled thinking back on the events the unfurled last night. A heat dusting my cheeks in a taunting manner I shook it off as I jogged down the stairs.

My father sat at the counter sipping away at his steaming mugs contents. I smiled towards him in a greeting surprised as he hadn't yet left for work. Surprisingly he had returned the smile in a sleepy manner. Looking around I noticed Lydia has already left.Walking toward the fridge I grabbed an apple, biting down on the crisp fruit to hold it in my mouth I let out a muffled vocal greeting.

"Merning pa." He let out a tsk in light hearted disgust.His shoulder's shaking as he chuckled.

"What did I tell you about talking with your mouth full? But anyway good morning Y/n, you seem to be in a good mood." Humming in confirmation I reached into the chilly fridge grabbing the jug of juice. Closing it shut I quickly poured a glass and sat beside him promptly eating my apple. After finishing my improvised breakfast I put away the juice and ran up stairs to grab my bag. Opening the door I saw Beetlejuice now awake and about.

"Mmm..morning babes.~" He tiredly purred. Chuckling I gave him a hug.

"Morning Beej. I gotta get going." I smiled as I grabbed my bag running out the door.

Running along I managed to arrive at school in time meeting Lydia and JD at the entrance. Panting to catch my breath I waved a greeting as I approached them. Lydia's eyes crinkled as she gave a light smile in return, on the other hand JD only peered at me from behind his dark circles.

"Hey guys! Sorry it took me a bit I had to get my bag." I said letting out a sheepish laugh in turn.

"Hey Y/n, sorry I left with out telling you I had to come her early to work on a project with Wednesday!" I waved it off in a passive manner.

"Yo you seem in a cheerful mood loser." I snickered briefly at JD's taunt but nodded either way.

With that we walked off to class chit chatting about what ever came up. Walking in with JD and I took a seat following instructions as told.

Looking over I saw a familiar apparition, loom over JD with a dissatisfied expression. Her eyes darted over to me from behind her smeared eyeliner. I quickly adverted my gaze and whispered to the boy in the flannel beside me.

"Psst! Hey JD ?! Psst."
His pupils dilated as they turned towards me. His lips a thin line as he let out a brief huff.
"Why is Heather staring at me?" I inquired in a hush voice.

"I can hear you!" She sneered my direction. Briefly I saw her rude expression falter. The hidden concern in her eyes betraying her facade. "You smell like death. Literally! The scent of grave dirt, copper and ... spider lilies?"
Grave dirt..? O H. My face flustered in acknowledgment of where the smell of Grave dirt was from. However the spider lilies and copper scents origins evaded me. From the corner of my eye I could see JD's eyes widen before narrowing as he mumbled to himself.

"Grave dirt?" His mouth snarled. A low growl reverberating in his throat. My heart skipped whither it was from the animalistic fear in the back of mind or another reason I didn't know.His composure gathered again as he turned to me directly and chuckled. "Odd I didn't notice that before? Tell me why is it you smell like that?" His eyes glinted. My heart racing from a flood of different thoughts I mustered about answer.

"Probably cause me and Lydia take pictures in the local cemetery!" God/satan I hope he buys that. He smiles.

"Oh okay." Heather however wears a different emotion similar to regret. And with that the school continued on .

Approaching the end of the day I left my class walking into the hallway taking note of Lydia talking to a pale girl who wore braids. I smiled happy she had others beside me and Beetlejuice. Gripping my bags strips just a little tighter I left school, thankful it was a Friday.