🌻Prologue🌻

In an apartment,
Nighttime...

Third Person's POV

This is the end.

There is no way he could pay all these debts.

And it is impossible for him to escape from all this suffering in one piece.

How did it turn out in such a horrible way?

Toya Setsuno stared at all the receipts, bills, documents and stack of papers mess on the table, dark circles were visibled under his sharp light eyes. He couldn't sleep very well for the past few weeks, afraid that his life would be taken in his slumber. His anxiety, frustration and depression were slowly eating his sanity out, little by little crushing his will to live.

His delicate fingers began running through his silky yellow locks in despair, negative thoughts flooding his mind. "Why did you do this to me...? What have I done to deserve this torture?!" His patience had reached its limit. He shoved all the paper off  the table, falling to the floor.

Toya's fingers dug in his scalps firmly, almost causing his head to bleed. He had it enough, he couldn't bear all the stress anymore. Soon enough, his life will be taken as a payment for the mountain of debts.

He doesn't want his life to be taken by someone else.

He wanted to take his own life.

Almost like an instinct, Toya weakly walked out of his small apartment, heading to the rooftop for a deadly reason....

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

A sigh of exhaustion escaped the dark green-haired young woman's mouth as her legs led her down the quiet neighbourhood street. Izuku Midoriya never intended to walk home at night, but she had no choice left. Pile of assignment and project were the reason.  She had to stay over at her friend's place for a while to finish all her works, so she could rest and relax at home.

All of sudden, Izuku got goosebumps when she passed an apartment building, causing her to turn to look at it reflexively. Her harlequin eyes locked on the apartment for a few confusing seconds, puzzled of the reason she was suddenly attracted to it.

Slowly lifting her head up, her eyes instantly went wide. There, she saw a man sitting at the edge of the rooftop building. 'Oh my God-- What is he thinking?!' She gasped in horror when the worst-case scenario played in her little box of mind.

Quickly, she rushed into the building, climbing up the stairs in hurry.  In brief seconds, she arrived at the rooftop. Izuku was a panting mess, still trying to catch her breath. "W-wait!" Her scream erupted through the dark night.

Toya, still in his own imagination, flinched when the voice called for him. He hesitantly turned to the gorgeous woman standing before him.

Izuku was in the state of shock after she fully seen the young man's appearance. But what bothered her the most was the devastated look in his eyes... The same look she had when she caught her ex-boyfriend cheating on her.

Izuku's heart clenched tightly at this painful sight of the man. It hurt her so much inside. Deciding to approach him, she stepped closer to the blonde-haired male.

Her action alerted Toya. He immediately stood up, dangerously stepping back. "Go away! Don't come close!" He warned in seriousness. Izuku shook her head, defying his order. "No, I won't! Please... Come down. We can talk things over..." She begged sadly, reaching out her hands to him.

"It's useless! It won't solve my problems or the debts! I'm all messed up! My life is a mistake!" Toya shouted, blurting out his problems without him knowledging the fact himself. "There is always a solution to every single problem in this world, including yours!" Izuku exclaimed strongly, determined to save the man from death.

Toya started to regret his decision to jump yet he didn't want to step down. "My problem has no end. If I don't end my life now, I will still die soon enough.." He stated weakly, his body feeling light.

"You won't, Mister... I know. Because I will assist you with whatever hardship you are going through." A smile tugged on her soft lips. Izuku stretched out her arm further to him, telling the man to hold her hand.

For unknown reason, Toya held her hand and then threw himself in her arms, hugging her in desperation. He was holding her for dear life, not intending to let the female go.

Izuku felt a bit suffocated by his firm hold but she never complained. She just proceeded to calm him down by patting his back and rubbing small circles reassuringly.

"It's fine, it's alright, I'm here for you... I promise to help you..." She whispered into his ear with gentle, mellow voice. Toya responded with gripping on the back of her top firmly.

It was a weird encounter but little did they know, it will change both people's lives and cure the holes in their hearts.

~~~~~~~~~•••••~~~~~~~~~

A/N- Hello! Welcome to the very first Toya X Fem!Izuku book! Hope you enjoy this boring prologue! :')