𝐂𝐡 ₁₁ 𝐀 𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞

"Now, evolution is the substance of fossils hoped for, the evidence of links not seen."
- Duane T. Gish

- 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 -

The Next Day...was a day for both Ash and Mackenzie to focus on training for the Cyllage City gym. Ash was training his Froakie and his Fletchling. Mackenzie decided to use both Forest and River, not because of just type advantage but just overall giving them a chance to battle.

"Aren't you going to do some training Mackenzie?" Bonnie asked Mackenzie who shook her head.

"Not really, I think I did enough training already. I went a little overboard the other day with training, so my pokemon deserve the break." She chuckled.

"Oh come on, how about one battle?" Ash asked as he walked over. Mackenzie huffed pouting out her lips as she debated on it. She groaned then stood up with her hands placed on her hips, she gave a playful glare to Ash and nodded.

"Just one battle." She said holding up one finger to him and he nodded excitedly before running off getting into place. "Alright then River..spotlight!" Mackenzie shouted as she threw a Dive ball and out came her Vaperon, River.

"Fletchling let's do this." Ash said looking over to Fletchling who nodded and flew up to hover slightly over the battlefield.

"We will start off with Iron tail." Mackenzie called out waving her hand out towards Fletchling and River started running towards Fletchling.

"Fletchling uze Razor Wind!" Ash called out.  Fletchinder's wings glow bright white and it repeatedly waves them, causing bright white, crescent-shaped energy waves to go towards River.

"Dodge, and then use Iron tail once more!" Mackenzie quickly shouted. River leaped off of it's feet into the air twisting it's body dodging Razor wind and flips it's body over slamming it's tail against Fletchling who slams into the ground. River landed on it's feet jumping back giving itself some space just in case Fletchling quickly recovered.

"Yeah alright! Now use bubble beam!" Mackenize called out. River opened it's mouth shooting out a beam of bubbles towards Fletchling.

"Use Double team." Ash said and then there was more than several Fletchling. Ash cheered out as the bubble beam missed.

"Heh..don't get too excited, now is the perfect time to use our new move. River keep using bubble beam!" Mackenzie instructed. River aimed more towards the ground causing several puddles to form and some of the bubble beam bounce off the ground and hit a few of the copies of Fletchling but it wasn't enough.

"New move eh? Alright then we have to pick up then. Fletchling use peck!" Ash called out. The remaining copies of Fletchling all started flying towards River making Mackenzie giggle.