Chapter 11

Authors Note- All chapters will be shorter now, I just don't have time to make them really long. I apologize. But will be more updates.

OverView: Rafael is alive ( thank god right? ) and is taken to the hospital, where Olivia let's him choose between her and keeping everything them same. What will he choose?

_________________________

Frederick's breathing was shallow and sometimes barely detectable. His body temperature had gone drastically down to 89 degrees, making hypothermia very possible. Heart rate wasn't even 75 beats per minute. By the time an ambulance had arrived, a crowd had gathered around the front of his building made of neighbors and reporters.

As Olivia left the building to help the uni's out front keep the crowd back as the paramedics tried to get into the building, the media had already been reporting false information as they heard rumors from the neighbors. She was to be bombarded, with questions to if she thought it was stunt to help his campaign for DA. It was heartbreaking, her face was a light shade of red from frustration of the entire situation.

The paramedics rolled Rafael over and started checking all of his vitals, deciding to take him to Mercy. Placing him on a stretcher and strapping him in, they placed an IV in his hand hoping the fluids would wake him from his unconscious state.

The rush of fluids helped but what really roused him was the bright light of flashing cameras outside as the paramedics wheeled him to the awaiting ambulance. His groan made Olivia turn to him from the crowd of the tabloids and grab his upper arm, not violently but in a concerning manner.

Rafael murmured something that nether Olivia or the paramedics could understand before his heart rate went down drastically again, forcing the paramedics to start rushing him into the ambulance.

The sudden rush of him coming back to reality, the pain of his intestines starting to shut down, the agony of moving involuntarily just built bringing that cry or in his case, groan.

This was pure hell.

It wasn't until the following Monday morning that Rafael made a voluntary sound. But it wasn't him verbally making the sound, it was his hand moving, and the metal clanking of cuffs & the metal bar of the railing.

That's when the realization to him that he was in a hospital bed, the smell of powerful cleaning products burning his nose, and cuffed to the hospital bed, the raw skin on his wrist bothering him. He made a sound between a moan and a groan, opening his eyes to the dim light of the empty, literally an empty room.

The walls were a while creme color and the floors were white with black speckled tiles. It was him, 2 medical machines near his bed one vital taking machine and a IV stand, and 1 door. Nothing more.

A nurse stepped in the room with a bag of clear liquid. She changed the IV and left without a word said.

The next few hours were a blur of fainting in and out of consciousness for Rafael in his memory. But when Olivia entered the room it was clear as day.

He lifted to head to watch her walk slowly in, wielding a folder. He wanted to give a small smile but he couldn't, not now, not ever. He wasn't in the state of mind to do this.

Olivia stood at the end of his bed, looking from him to the cuffs on his wrists.

"So I should start by telling you why your cuffed.." She paused "For your own protection."

"Why am I here?"

"Your here because we found you unconscious-"

"I know that. Why am I here?"

"I- I don't know what your asking.."

"I'm asking why you didn't let me die.. Why I am still here?"

"Because you are Rafael Barba and taking your life isn't going to kill you, and because I love you- at least I thought I did."

They savored the words for a moment in awkward silence.

"Why are you here?"

"I came to tell you that you have a choice."

"A choice in what?"

"In what your future is."

"What future?"

"With me or on this path of destruction."

"You want me to choose now?"

"Yes. Now."

"I'm done."