Part 3

When Barba pulled up to one of the most prestigious places in the city, Olivia's jaw dropped. "Rafael... I'm not dressed for this place."

"Yes, you are, you're beautiful, now let's go," he said impatiently, and Olivia blushed a little as she allowed him to escort her inside.

After they had ordered, Olivia leaned across the table and asked, "How on earth did you get last minute reservations here?"

"A friend, I called in a favor." Barba said with a smile, and Olivia pursed her lips.

"You didn't have to do this."

"I know. I wanted to, it's a Saturday night and I didn't want to spend it all alone in my condo, and I fixing same the same fate for you. We're just friends having a good time, Olivia, relax, he assured her, and she smiled as she leaned back.

"I can't remember the last time I actually had a good time, you know?"

"I know the feeling," he replied, and then reached across the table with his hand out, "Let's promise, right here, right now, that we will not speak of work tonight. At all. We're just Rafael Barba and Olivia Benson, that's it."

"That sounds perfect." Olivia agreed with a smile, putting her hand in his and squeezing. He grinned as they leaned back in their chairs and they started talking about sports, of all things.

By the time the good arrived, Olivia was arguing her point with Barba and they were both laughing. The waiter smiled at then as he placed their food in front of them, and they both thanked him before launching back into their friendly argument.

"Brey Cook is the best thing to happen to NFL football!" Olivia exclaimed, and Barba shook his head saying

"I don't think so! Have you seen our record this year? Sure he was good for the University of Arkansas but now he's slow and weak get rid of him before he ruins this season too."

This argument evolved into the Toronto mayor admitting to smoking crack and then how many people said they would still vote for him if he ran again.

Their conversation bounced all over the place for the longest time, and then before they knew it they had been their for over two hours.

"Alright, my turn," Olivia said as they stood up after he had insisted on picking up the check.

"Your turn for what?" Barba inquired as he helped her into her coat.

"You surprised me with dinner, now it's my turn. The night is still young, Rafael," she assured him with a wink, and started walking out. Barba grinned to himself as he grabbed his own coat and hurried after her; only after seeing her in the drivers seat did he realize that she stole the keys from his pocket.

With a shake of his head he climbed in the passenger seat and barely had buckled before Olivia floored it. "Don't you dare crash my car Benson!" He yelled and she threw her head back and laughed.

Pretty soon she pulled up to a building that Barba was unfamiliar with. "We're here!" Olivia announced with a smile and climbed out

"Where exactly is here?"

"It's just a club I like to go to," she said with a grin, grabbing his hand and pulling him up to the front of the line.

"Hey, Liv! Haven't seen you around in a while," the bouncer said with a smile, lifting the rope and allowing her inside.

"Hey Tony! This is my friend Rafael," she introduced, and Tony shook Barba's offered hand.

"This here is my girl, you touch her and I'll hurl your ass outta here, got that?" Tony said roughly, and Olivia laughed as she put her hand on Tony's arm.

"Down boy, we're just here to dance."

"Do you come here often?" Barba said loudly, and Olivia looked at him in confusion as she hadn't been able to hear him. He put his lips to her hear and repeated himself. She grinned at him, realizing that he just used a cheesy pickup line and didn't even notice, and shrugged, replying,

"Sometimes. It's a good place to just dance."

"Never took you for the dancing type," Barb admitted as the found a sort if quiet table in the back.

"Neither did I until I came here, it's fun," Olivia said with a grin. And then grabbed his hand, dragging him out on the dance floor.

It was slightly awkward at first as Barba hadn't been dancing in forever, but soon he got the hang of it and was even singing along with a few songs as he and Olivia danced.

Pretty soon they were both sweaty, so they made their way off the dance floor and towards the bar where they got their drunks and went back to their table.

"I love this place," Olivia sighed, looking around at all the flashing lights and booming speakers. "It's like here, I can just be Olivia, you know?"

"Yeah, I know," he said quietly, watching her as she glowed. He hadn't seen her this happy in a long time, and he vowed right then and there that he would try to make sure she didn't go di long without being happy.

As the latest song ended, the DJ announced, "Noe let's wind it dish a bit, get those slow dancing moves out there,"

Summer Time Sadness started to play, and Olivia just wound her arms around Barba's necked their fast-paced dancing naturally segued into slow-dancing.

Olivia was softly singing along in Barba's ear, and he held her close as they swayed. He began singing along towards the end, and Olivia drew back to look at him.

With the last note their lips were pressed against each other, be their of the were really sure who made the first move. Olivia buried her fingers in his hair as he kissed her softly and then the next upbeat song stared to blare. Everyone around then started to move faster. And that broke their trance.

When the next song was over with, Olivia put her lips next to Barba's ear and said quietly, "Take me home, Rafael,"

"Gladly," he all but growled, and led the way out of the club, stealing the keys back as they went. He drove back to his place, and Olivia's hand wandered around as he drove. "Payback's a bitch, Olivia, remember that," he breathed and Olivia smirked.

"All talk,"

"You'll see," he said with a grin, glancing sideways at her as he parked. She laced her fingers together with his ad they made their way to his front door.

Right when Olivia stepped inside, Barba's hands were around her waist and his lips were on hers.

"Wait. Brian." Barba breathed, and she filled her eyes.

"We've been over for a month, where have you been?" Olivia said with a shake over her head, and he chuckled softly.

"I'm sorry but thank god," and he fused his mouth back sign hers...