4| Crash 3-the plane crash

July, 22. 12:50 PM

*Trigger warning: depictions of anxiety*

It wasn't even halfway through the trip when Yuki's breath hitched in her throat as she was alerted of her sleep from the pilot's urgent voice blaring from the speakers.

She looked around frantically and out the window; she could only see black smoke and occasional sparks from the engine.

Loud thumps were heard as flight attendants rushed back and forth, shouting safety instructions and for people to calm down.

"Mingyu..." Yuki's voice trailed off.

"I-It's okay, Noona, don't w-worry." Even Mingyu started stuttering.

Squeezing her eyes shut, Yuki's breathing got loud and ragged as she felt a panic attack getting on.

Her fingers gripped the plastic of the arms of her seat.

Her nightmare was finally coming true, and she was living it. It wasn't an urgent landing; they were going to die, and she knows it.

"Please stay calm and remain in your seats with your seatbelts on!" She could hear it replay over the speakers.

Moreover, she could hear the panic-stricken screams of people who also don't want to die.

Feeling lightheaded, she looked around at the people as everything started blurring a little.

Some were praying, some were screaming, and others were holding onto their dear ones who were accompanying them.

Her heart pounded against her ribs painfully as her breathing shallowed. That reminded her of her seemingly quiet brother.

She gazed down at their clutched hands groggily, then up at his face.

He felt her eyes on him, and turned to face her.

Her heart shattered to pieces when she saw the tears welling in his eyes, one of them slipping out.

Nothing really pained Yuki as much as seeing her brother hurt or crying.

"Mingyu..." she whispered again. Words couldn't come out; the unreal fear of death tied her tongue. The fear of losing her brother made it worse.

He nodded gently with a broken smile on his lips.

"I love you." And as if the world around them faded, Yuki can hear nothing except her brother's soft whisper.

"I love you too, idiot." Yuki's voice cracked. She smiled as she felt some wetness down her cheeks.

Tears.

Yuki had neither said those words as sincerely, nor cried like now before.

It's incredible how the worst of times could sometimes get the best out of you and the most sincere.

That was it.

That was the last interaction between them.

The last thing Yuki could remember before getting knocked out.

A moment that she wished to last a bit longer.