5| Blood, Sweat, and Tears

*Warning: Bear the title in mind.*

July, 22. 3:45 PM

Slowly regaining consciousness, Yuki felt her lids heavy as she tried opening them. She was met with absolute darkness and was confused of where she was. Could she be dead? Is she in heaven-or, well, hell?

But could either be so painful?

A groan of excruciating pain left her lips as she tried moving a muscle.

Apparently, there was a huge piece of metal that was crushing her to the ground.

Struggling against the pain and the concretion of the metal, she pushed against it with all her might, but to no avail.

She tried a couple more times before giving up. Her chest was heaving as she struggled to breathe. The metal was literally crushing her.

After taking a few breaths, she strained as she tried crawling out from under the huge piece. She dug her nails into the dirt as she dragged herself out.

However, her stuck leg wasn't helping.

She pulled and pulled on it; only her left leg was trapped outside.

As she pulled roughly, the jagged, razor-sharp edges of the metal shredded her clothes, scraping the skin off, and digging down a deep wound.

She let out little screams as the metal dug deeper. So she reached over to her leg, wriggling her way there, and started digging with her bare hands.

The blood had made the soil surrounding her leg all muddy, but she managed.

She made a little, shallow tunnel under her leg as best as she could, then carefully squirmed her leg under the huge piece of metal-wincing in pain as she did.

She continued crawling her way out.

Yuki was sprawled across the ground as she panted in short, erratic breaths.

Her lids were heavy as she slowly closed them.

She thought that if she didn't die from the plane crash, theoretically, the overwhelming pain and exhaustion would finally kill her.

---

July, 22. 6:35 PM

Yuki woke up with a heavy head, and she realizes it's really late as the sun was close to setting completely.

If she wanted to survive-which she's sure she doesn't want- she needed to start moving.

Mingyu

That was the first thing that came across her mind as she struggled to stand up.

And tears immediately stung her eyes.

She wouldn't cry because of the pain or exhaustion.

Or because of the fact she was stranded in the middle of nowhere: in this case, a verdant thick forest.

Or because she was probably never seeing her parents any time soon.

Or even because the chances she'd survive out there in the wild were really low.

But because she felt like pulling her heart out at the thought of her brother dying and her surviving the plane crash.

"Mingyu..." She heard herself sobbing his name as she looked around aimlessly.

"Can you hear me, little bro, are you okay?" She sobbed as she limped over to the horrific scene in front of her.

The plane, along with everything in it, was definitely demolished.

Parts of the plane were scattered everywhere within kilometers radius. Small flames could still be seen, and the debris of human corpses could be perceived as well.

There were visible burned bodies that were mangled almost beyond recognition. She knew that her brother's was one of them.

There was absolutely no chance of survival for anyone besides Yuki-whose case was surely considered a miracle.

She fell to her knees, and her sobs got louder as she shook her head.

Feeling helpless, she buried her face in her bloody, soiled hands.

"It's all my fucking fault!" She found herself screaming.

"I'm so sorry, Mingyu!" She continued howling in grief, "We should've went into gate 10; but I was just a lazy ass bitch who could never be on time. I fucked up so bad, Mingyu, but I didn't mean to hurt you-" She stopped and gasped softly as she started hearing animalistic noises.

Quickly getting to her feet, she bit her lip to stop the sobs as she perceived the wreck.

"All my fucking fault..." she whispered and shook her head. Her pounding heart couldn't bear the scene any more, and she turned her head away.

She limped away, occasionally looking back at the chaotic destruction careless mistakes had caused.

«Vote, share, and comment, lovelies!»